Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2/Pro 4/VMB5000 resolution

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
skippy2
Guide
Guide

I have 5 cameras (3 Pro 4, 2 Ultra 2) all connected to a VMB5000 base station.

Using the iOS app under the Devices tab I can access each camera.  All of the Pro 4 cameras have a little 2K badge as expected.  One of the Ultra 2 cameras has a 4K badge while the other has no badge at all.

Does this mean the second Ultra 2 is NOT connecting at 4K resolution?  If so, why and how do I fix it?

The camera that does not show a badge has a stronger WiFi connection (is closer to the base station) than the camera that shows the badge.

I have a current Arlo subscription (trial period).

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

Does this mean the second Ultra 2 is NOT connecting at 4K resolution?  If so, why and how do I fix it?

Look in the video settings, and see if "auto zoom & tracking" is enabled for this camera.  If you want 4K recording you will need to disable that setting.

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Auto zoom and tracking is not enabled for the camera in question.

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Have also tried rebooting the base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If this when livestreaming, then make sure that 4K livestreaming is enabled for the camera.

If this is about recordings, then download a file and check it.  With Windows, right-click the file.  Select properties, and look on the details tab.

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the response.

I am asking about livestreaming.

4K livestreaming is enabled for the camera.  Both of my Ultra 2 cameras are configured identically.  One gets the 4K badge and one doesn't.

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Just as an experiment, I downloaded a video from myarlo.com that was recorded by the camera without the 4K badge.  Mediainfo tells me that the video is 3824x2144, so recorded videos are 4K.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

Just as an experiment, I downloaded a video from myarlo.com that was recorded by the camera without the 4K badge.  Mediainfo tells me that the video is 3824x2144, so recorded videos are 4K.

That's good.

Have you tried rebooting the camera, to see if that changes the livestreaming?  (I suggest doing that by removing the battery for a few seconds, and then reinserting it)

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Sorry I'm so slow to respond.

It's difficult for me to remove the battery from the camera because I can't reach it easily.  Wish there was a way to reboot the camera from the app.

I'm a senior citizen and not terribly comfortable on ladders these days. 😀

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

I'm a senior citizen and not terribly comfortable on ladders these days. 😀

Totally get that, and I also wish there was a better way to reboot the cameras.

Jannette
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very frustrated. Pro not formatting. Some cameras not recording. False advertising. Needs to be reported. Says bug fixed but I haven't found the fix anywhere. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jannette 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you  

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation