Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Waterman72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not get my base station to work with Apple Homekit.  I get a message that says uncertified accessory.  I have removed the station and reset it several times with no luck.  I have read on this forum that a token reset will fix it.  I have also contacted support with no luck. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of how to get the token sent.  Thank you.  

37 REPLIES 37
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

rpmaguire76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar experience. All updates are complete and cannot link to homekit. Homekit is the primary reason for this purchase.

Waterman72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  That fixed it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rmaquire76,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

EDITH76
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same issue. Please Can i receive a token reset?
Hmuralles
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. Can you please send me a token reset request too?

Thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EDITH76, Hmuralles

JamesC

Mdfunston
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had this same issue. Customer support did do the token reset and now it works with HomeKit BUT
My HomeKit still says this is an unsupported accessory. Why is that. I have a 2nd Basestation that works fine with HomeKit and never had these issues.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Mdfunston

To be sure, I reset both of your Smart Hub tokens, please reboot your base station & try again. 

thehoonie
Aspirant
Aspirant

when I try to connect to Homekit, it says "uncertified Accessory". I tried the instruction from the FAQ, but I had no luck. it looks like token reset is the only option based on what people are saying in this thread. 

could you help me with this as well?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @thehoonie

I haver reset your Smart Hub token, please reboot your base station and try again.

CLMcKenzie
Tutor
Tutor

Is there any way you can intervene on a Case # related to this exact condition, and was not completed yesterday over a 3 hour timeframe? If you can accomplish this in a few minutes we can fully resolve the Case#42333240?

Please help...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @CLMcKenzie

I haver reset your Smart Hub token, please reboot your base station and try again.

JI42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Ultra 2, 2 camera kit. I have installed one camera so far and tried adding to homekit. I am having the same issue as other users...Accessory does not work with homekit. 

Hoping this can be easily fixed. Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @JI42

I have reset your Smart Hub token, please reboot your base station and try again.

JohnnyAirstream
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same for me. Ultra Smarthub showing “uncertified accessory” for HomeKit. Pretty please reset my token. Thank you in advance!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JohnnyAirstream

I have reset your Smart Hub token, please reboot your base station and try again.

lgaribai
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo system is having the same issue.I can not get my base station to work with Apple Homekit. I also get a message that says uncertified accessory. Can you send me the token, please?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @lgaribai

Comitatus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station will not connect to HomeKit. I keep getting “uncertified accessory” error. I have removed/ cycles power etc. please advise
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Comitatus

Nikkox1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station will not connect to HomeKit. I keep getting “uncertified accessory” error. I have removed/ cycles power etc.

from the looks of it I need a token. help ?

BigBankNikko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Ultra 2, 2 camera kit. tried adding to homekit. I am having the same issue as other users...Accessory does not work with homekit. 

Hoping this can be easily fixed. Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nikkox1 @BigBankNikko

Discussion stats