Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 Camera Protective Film Removal

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fun33
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to remove original packaging protective film from the lower half (speaker) of ARLO Ultra 2 camera. No problem removing the protective film from the upper 1/2 of the cameras where the lens is located. I have used my fingernails and the edge of a razor blade but cannot lift the edge of the protective film to remove it. Anyone had a successful method of removing this protective film?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fun33,

Any protective film that should be removed can be easily removed without using any tools. There is no film on the face of the camera that would require fingernails or a razorblade to lift.

JamesC

Fun33
Aspirant
Aspirant

It definitely appears there is film on the bottom 1/2 of the Arlo Ultra 2 camera. Can you please confirm protective film is or is not applied to this are during production & shipping?

Fun33
Aspirant
Aspirant

There certainly does appear to be something that looks like a film on the bottom half of the camera in the attached photo. All 4 of the cameras in the kit I received have this same substance. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fun33,

There is a matte-like finish on the lower portion of the face of the camera but, as mentioned above, the only film that should be removed can be removed very easily without any tools.

JamesC

Fun33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that the bottom half of the camera did not have protection film on it

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation