Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone had any luck where your batteries last 3 to 4 months as advertised?  I have two cameras where video settings are set to optimized and on a schedule.  The schedule is mid-night to 7am and 3pm to 8pm.  This is only time they are armed.

Hopefully we don't have to set the video settings to best for battery and poor video to get them to last 3 to 4 months and  only armed for 2 hours a day?

Thanks

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most of mine are armed all the time and batteries last as expected. Signal strength/quality may be the issue as well as the amount of time spent recording and live viewing per day. The rule of thumb is for <5 minutes total on average.

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info and reply.

Mark

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found out I had issues with my wifi equipment. Exchanged it in and now have solid blue light on the base unit.  However, only having the cameras armed a few hours in early morning and few hours late night, they still only last about a week.

Not real happy with the system.

Mark

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What about the recording/live viewing issue? Also, bring a camera closer to the hub or router to see if there's a difference. Might still be a signal strength/quality issue to the cameras.

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep my Arlo app running in the background of my Galaxy Note 10 when the camera's are armed.  I do that so I can get phone texts when the camera's record something.  If I didn't have the app open, I can only get email notifications.

Do you think this is draining the batteries?

This coming week I'm going to call Arlo again.  I currently have a support ticket  on this.

Thanks for your replies.

Mark

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera batteries and notifications have nothing to do with each other.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation