Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 Ultra 4k Smart into a wireless cellular hub

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billone1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do any know if I can hook my Arlo 2 Ultra 4k Smart into a wireless cellular hub to I can get high quality images via the cellular network, and if so, can anyone recommend which or what wireless cellular hub might be available. I wonder if Cisco offers such a device.... I have not found one yet.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The easiest way is to use a WiFi extender. The extender connects to your WiFi and the hub plugs into the extender.

billone1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that....! The problem is this location has no internet so I'm trying to find a good cellular hub I can use.... 

I must say I am pretty impressed with the Arlo Ultra, I set one up the other day where I have a good internet connection and the system works well!

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your cell provider should be able to provide you with a hotspot that works with their service. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I think the question is whether there is a hotspot device the Arlo hub can be plugged into and will the hub work with such a device.  I have just begun looking into it because a 5G cellular device would be faster than some internet providers.  Some routers do come with a 4G slot for a provider sim.  I just haven't gotten to whether you can assign that to the Arlo hub and if the Arlo hub will function that way.  Research to continue.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

billone1234  checkout the Netgear nighthawk 5G pro hotspot for AT&T.  Download speeds of 1.2 gig, if the hub will work with it, it has a port for it and can connect up to 32 devices wi-fi.  Haven't asked what data limits are yet.  It also does wi-fi 6.  On to more looking.

billone1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, you are right about this.... I do need to find a good cellular router, but I have no 5g in my area, so I'll have to go with whatever's available.... If you happen to come across a good one, pls let me know.... I would think Cisco would have something, but I have not found one yet.... Thanks!

billone1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that...! Wish I had 5g in my area, but this might work with 4g...... Thanks!

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Netgear also has them in 4G LTE for AT&T, not sure about other providers.  Just Google Netgear 5G pro hotspot and a link will be there that shows them all.  The hardware is cheaper from Amazon and even Walmart than AT&T.  Spoke with AT&T and didn't like their Data pricing but if I do it it will be just for my Arlo.  I have 5 phones that each get 15 gig hotspots for $30 a month so that would be 75 total for that price.  For the hotspot device they want $50 for 15 gig and $75 for 35 gig. That doesn't make sense but didn't haggle with them yet.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation