Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NYdmx
Aspirant
Aspirant
If your considering purchasing and are hoping to use apple products like Apple TV or IPhone. Go elsewhere. Eufy , nest, ring anywhere else!!!!!!
What a mistake $2500 worth of paper weights now.
I could of had a complete wired setup professionally installed for what I paid for this garbage and I’m sorry it is garbage
The 4K is meaningless!!!!! Compared to the ability to view on Apple TV or the ability to view recorded events on phone HomeKit.
Plus even if you are a fool like me and have this home base you can’t use continuous recording (CTV.)
Eufy fully integrates with apple home kit plus allows you to view your cameras and recorded events on Apple TV.
Sorry Arlo either realize that a majority of the users have smart TVs or Apple TV’s and want to view their cameras on them and not your horrible app or you will continue to see your customer base switch over to your competitors who had the ability to see that cord cutting would lead to more people using stacking services and more people wanting to see their camera’s on their home televisions and not on tiny cell phone screens.
Also seriously charging people for CTV when they are recording to a home base is just disgusting but that’s not it for you guys you even go one step lower!! Charge them and don’t allow them to download their content!!!
I have to say it’s no surprise your coming up with more and more ways to charge your existing customer base I’m sure you’re new customer numbers are near the bottom of the barrel so need revenue from somewhere!!!! Charge the ones who bought into your company with the hope you would invent and change with the new technologies.
2 REPLIES 2
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I use my Apple Tv to view my cameras all the time.  It's one of the main reasons I ended up getting them and also getting an Apple TV box.  They work great with Homekit even though setting up my second kit required Arlo to reset some "token" on their end, everything on Homekit works like it should. 

NYdmx
Aspirant
Aspirant
So you’re able to view recorded events on your Apple TV?

If something happened say at 2:30 PM today and it didn’t trigger a capture event you’re able to scroll back and see that on your Apple TV?

I know the answer regardless of whether it was recorded or not you can’t view anything but live feed
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation