Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Engr496
Tutor
Tutor

There is no way to schedule notifications while having all cameras armed at all times. There are too many notifications coming to my phone, but I still want motion-triggered recordings to occur in case something happens. The only other solution is to turn off all notifications through iOS, then I will not know anything that is happening unless I check the Arlo app. The app has a significant design deficiency in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You schedule notifications or any other desired behavior by the use of custom modes. All such settings are in there. Sounds like you'd want 2 modes - one with notifications enabled and one without. You can then use the schedule to switch between them automatically and/or use geofencing to use the schedule or an appropriate mode for Home and Away.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Engr496 wrote:

There is no way to schedule notifications while having all cameras armed at all times. There are too many notifications coming to my phone, but I still want motion-triggered recordings to occur in case something happens. The only other solution is to turn off all notifications through iOS, then I will not know anything that is happening unless I check the Arlo app. The app has a significant design deficiency in this regard.

Not sure what you want. You said you do not want notifications but then said if you turn them off you won't know what happened? Also when you said turn off all IOS notifications did you mean for the phone or in your Rules for the cams. Do you have any schedules active? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You schedule notifications or any other desired behavior by the use of custom modes. All such settings are in there. Sounds like you'd want 2 modes - one with notifications enabled and one without. You can then use the schedule to switch between them automatically and/or use geofencing to use the schedule or an appropriate mode for Home and Away.

Engr496
Tutor
Tutor

I want to only receive notifications for motion-triggered events which occur during certain time periods. Currently, the only way to accomplish this is by disarming the cameras during certain periods. I would like the cameras to continue recording motion-triggered events, even if notifications are scheduled to be off during those periods.

Engr496
Tutor
Tutor

I looked at custom modes, but it looked like you could only add them one camera at a time and there were no scheduling options. On second look, it appears that you can subsequently add more cameras to a single mode. Additionally, it appears that custom modes are added to the schedule mode setup.

Arlo support indicated that this was not possible and that I would need to request the feature. In any case, it is not straightforward and requires more in-depth tinkering to make it work.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If I understand what your wanting to do it seems the easiest method is to go to settings and select mute notifications and then turn them back on when you wish.  Your system will continue to function as always but you won't get notifications while muted.  Go check your library when you wish and all will be there.  My wife has the iphone and if I forget to disable them  when working outside she just mutes them until she can cuss me when I come back in.

Engr496
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, muting the notifications works, but is a manual function. Jguerdat's solution works great for automation (although I haven't figured out how it affects smart notifications and package detection as of yet). The process of enabling this scheduled notification behavior is simply not intuitive nor straightforward, and requires a little digging to effectively apply.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation