Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

All Ultra Cameras Went Offline

MrCat
Initiate
Initiate

Says base station on line, cameras off line; happened early 25 Sep23.

Is Arlo down?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. The recent firmware release has been rolled back. Please restart your base station/SmartHub to allow your cameras to receive the previous firmware version. If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to remove and reinsert the battery within the affected cameras to allow them to come back online.

JamesC

262 REPLIES 262
drf7
Aspirant
Aspirant

They told me they were emailing steps for a "fix" but never received it. Has to be a software issue that they must resolve...quickly i hope.

Wickedly
Star
Star

same issue here. all cameras working except Ultra 2 today - all 8 offline tried reboot and repair, unsuccessful. arlo chat support was clueless.

hereforhelp
Initiate
Initiate

My doorbell camera works, but all of my Arlo Ultra 2 cameras around my house have stopped working and are giving me the offline message. I have tried all of the trouble shooting steps multiple times and cameras are still not working. I keep getting the offline message despite doing all of the troubleshooting. Can someone from Arlo please help me with my Arlo Ultra 2 cameras not connecting to the base and staying offline. 

JudgeSweden
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS How will you communicate on this matter? You should’ve sent out an email when you became aware of this situation and then stay in touch until the problem is resolved. THAT is how a customer service is supposed to work! #ultra2isdown Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera 

Wickedly
Star
Star

same issue here. all cameras working except Ultra 2 today - all 8 offline tried reboot and repair, unsuccessful. arlo chat support was clueless.

Surp
Tutor
Tutor

Took 3 tries, but just did a factory reset of one of the cameras and got it back up, then it did an update. Now working fine. Going to try it on the other Ultra.

Wickedly
Star
Star

i factory reset one of my cameras and it let me reconnect.  it also forced update version 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f

djskyhawk
Star
Star

I did the same thing.  Still have 2 cameras to go.  One camera did not go off line, but it won't let me update either.  When I bought these I found they had a battery life of about 5 days, so, did some wiring and purchased power cables.  I, now, have to get up there and disassemble the cameras to get them to work again.  I hard wired them because I can't do ladders, due to an injury.  These have become the most expensive piece CRAP cameras on the market.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. The recent firmware release has been rolled back. Please restart your base station/SmartHub to allow your cameras to receive the previous firmware version. If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to remove and reinsert the battery within the affected cameras to allow them to come back online.

JamesC

jdawg4261
Guide
Guide

I did a chat with support and they walked me through the same process. Take the camera out of the housing, hold the reset button on the bottom until the light on the front starts blinking blue, then add it again. The camera should connect and a firmware update will trigger. You might have to log out and back in to the app or website to see the cameras are connected. Both of mine are back up.

Surp
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, just finished factory reset of 2nd camera, then it updated. All cameras back up.

JudgeSweden
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC I’ve done that, twice, problem still exists. Even pressed the SYNC-button on my SmartHub, to no avail.

msmmut
Guide
Guide

I removed the 4 cameras reset them and configured them again! then them worked. not happy! it is 10 meters in the air! and you say it will roll back again? but it is working again! 

msmmut
Guide
Guide

I removed the 4 cameras reset them and configured them again! then them worked. not happy! it is 10 meters in the air! and you say it will roll back again? but it is working again! 

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tried that, but it didn't work.  I have 8 Ultra 2's that are all down spread across 4 base stations.  Have power cycled all base stations multiple times and removed and reinserted camera batteries but they are all still offline.

MikeEx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat and followed all the steps to get them working.  At first it was just one of my five cameras but once I rebooted the hub all of my cameras are down!

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trying factory reset and manual firmware update on mine now.  So far one of them is back up.  If that's the fix then it's not a terribly good one...going to take quite a bit of time to do this on 8 cameras.

LegacySW
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Ultra2 along with some pro4. Last night 7 of the Ultra2 stopped responding.  No luck with reboots or repairing. Only way to recover seems to be factory reboot re-pair, and firmware upgrade. 3 cameras recovered so far but was there an overnight firmware update and if so am I resetting too soon? It is a lot of work to factory reset, pair, and update all cameras

crewchief376
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. Had mine for about six days and they’ve been offline 4 of them. I reset, they work for 12 hours then nothing. I’m angry. 

seanut
Guide
Guide

I have 5 cameras. Two of them are Ultra 2 (VMC5040) and they both went offline last night. The other 3 cameras are working fine.

I have rebooted the router VMB5000B, but they are still offline.

They show firmware 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f. It did show that there was an update, before I rebooted the router. But now it doesn't show after the reboot.

The status page says Ultra 5 cameras has the same problem (it has the same VMC 5040. However, rebooting the base station has not fixed the problem

LegacySW
Guide
Guide

Sorry they are not working for you.  My setup has been quite good until last night. Unfortunately I didn't mark the cameras with painters tape so I don't know the version of the one remained working. It also got reloaded so I am now on 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f.  The pro4s were unaffected. 

VAR1ABLE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m in the same situation. My brand new U2 cameras are offline. I was able to cycle the power and it would reconnect for a few days then it would go back offline.  I’ve never had this issue with my older cams.

facelvega
Tutor
Tutor

On mine, whatever the firmware screw up is, it caused the cameras to COMPLETELY drain the batteries - voltage of 0.0;  to try the reset process, make sure you use a fully recharged battery...

facelvega
Tutor
Tutor

On mine, whatever the firmware screw up is, it caused the cameras to COMPLETELY drain the batteries - voltage of 0.0;  to try the reset process, make sure you use a fully recharged battery...

pkwct
Guide
Guide
James,
Thanks for the suggestion but it did not resolve the issue after following your steps.  All 4 of my Ultra 2 cameras are still not functioning.  Older cameras plus the doorbell and spotlight cameras are all working.