Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MrCat
Initiate
Initiate

Says base station on line, cameras off line; happened early 25 Sep23.

Is Arlo down?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After further investigation the engineering team has determined that a camera factory reset for Arlo Ultra/Ultra 2 devices will bring these devices back online. To do a camera factory reset, follow the steps linked here: How to troubleshoot issues with Arlo Ultra Offline September 15, 2023

We know that you rely on Arlo to protect your property and loved ones, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused. 

Thank you, 

Arlo Customer Care 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. The recent firmware release has been rolled back. Please restart your base station/SmartHub to allow your cameras to receive the previous firmware version. If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to remove and reinsert the battery within the affected cameras to allow them to come back online.

JamesC

262 REPLIES 262
darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exactly what the title says.  The usual 4:00ish update that comes in seems to have knocked all of my ultra 2s offline.  Re-syncing is NOT working.  

Anyone else have this ridiculous crap going on? 

This is stupid. I have no camera system at all right now.  I don't feel very secure. 

Zatara
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact thing happened last night for me. Blue light on, shows offline. My old arlos and hub work fine. Tried reset, reinstall. Worked super short then same thing

msmmut
Guide
Guide

In norway 04 this night 4 of the 6 cameras are dead. the 2 that works have new firmware. the other 4 have the old firmware. how to fix this stupid failed update? 

mwf369
Guide
Guide

All 4 of my Ultra 2 cameras went offline this morning.  My Pro 2 and Doorbell are still working fine.

I suspect an update went out to the Ultra 2 which have messed things up.

Chat support was not helpful.  Cameras still offline.

Zatara
Tutor
Tutor

Last night around 9pm mountain time, also my ultra 2 cameras went down. My old arlos and that base station are fine. My ultra 2 base station shows blue, connected, but app shows them all offline including base station.  Did factory reset, started to connect but then same offline message after a few minutes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A firmware release for these cameras was noted back on Sept. 7 (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791). That likely means your cameras were updated a while ago, not in the past day or so.

Have you rebooted the hub and maybe reinserted batteries? Is there a difference between the app and the web client (my.arlo.com)?

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here.  I have unplugged and rebooted.  The ultra 2 cameras are still down.  This sounds like another Arlo screw up.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the batteries charged? What happens if you remove the battery and insert it? That should cause a blue LED flash when the battery first makes contact, indicating power is connected. 

rbford
Initiate
Initiate

I have 3 ultra 2 cameras and all three are offline this morning. I have 7 other pro cameras and they all are working fine. I am waiting for a call back from support but seems odd that just the ultras are not working.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Let us know what they say.  This forum is packed with people complaining about the same issue.  Basically, our security camera system is an expensive paperweight.

Lee-Gardner
Initiate
Initiate

My 3 Ultra 2 cameras also went down sometime last night. They were working fine yesterday afternoon. Other non-Ultra 2 cameras work fine. Hopefully there is an explanation and fix for this soon.

jimLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Other Arlo cameras seem to be ok, but Ultra 2s have all gone offline, and will not reconnect with smart hub. None of the troubleshooting suggestions has helped, including deleting devices and attempting to re-pair them. 

drf7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here...all Ultra 2 cameras offline as of last night.

darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well then let's hope someone is reading this and fixes it ASAP.  I don't like not having eyes on critical locations. 

Has anyone contacted arlo directly?   I've been at work or I'd have done it this morning. 

pkwct
Guide
Guide

Same problem with all 4 of my Utra2 cameras. Older camera and doorbell are working.  Arlo, please help us!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Some weird things happening with my Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera  and Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell. A few days ago I noticed one of my Ultra 2 cameras was offline. I thought maybe the battery died and I missed the notification. Nope. It was still 50% charged. I fiddled around with it and got it back online. Don’t even remember what I did. A day later the wired doorbell has a message showing that says “temperature too low to record” yet it’s September in MS and 80°. Never seen that message before. Had to reboot the hub and reset the doorbell to get it back working. Now neither one camera or the doorbell are recording anything between 5:00pm and 8:00am the next morning. There is no time parameter settings to my knowledge. And there has definitely been activity during those times. What is going on here? 

drf7
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are aware is all they are saying...

Ordinary1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here. 
4xUltra 2 offline

1xPro still working fine.

Also, heavy battery drain on all ultra 2's over the last 24hrs.

A reset and re-sync of each camera has brought them back to life but not sure if that's a permanent solution.

Surp
Tutor
Tutor

Same here! All cameras fine last night, but now only the Ultra 2’s are offline. All other cameras ok. Did the reboot thing and all other t-shooting items and still no luck!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback. The team is investigating this issue and I will report back as soon as I have more information to share. 

Wickedly
Star
Star

same issue here. all cameras working except Ultra 2 today - all 8 offline

tried reboot and repair, unsuccessful. arlo chat support was clueless.

jdawg4261
Guide
Guide

Same happpened to me. Both of my VMC5040 models went offline sometime after 10:30 pm Pacific last night. My doorbell and spotlight cameras are working fine. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Hopefully, Arlo will correct this soon.

pkwct
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried removing and resetting two of the Ultra 2 cameras but the base station isn't detecting them.  Doorbell and older Arlo cameras are fine.  I have a call in to Arlo customer support.

Wickedly
Star
Star

same issue here. all cameras working except Ultra 2 today - all 8 offline tried reboot and repair, unsuccessful. arlo chat support was clueless.