Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add a second Arlo Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fernando2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already installed a Smart Hub with 4 cameras Ultra 2, and everything works well.

Now I would like to install in the iphone app (or in the web portal of My Arlo) a second Smart Hub, that will be in a diferent house using a different wifi network. When trying to install this second Smart Hub, I reach a form that asks me for the name of the device, but the button "Continue" of that form keeps inactive, so I can not continue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LegacySW wrote:

I suspect the add limitation is to avoid piggybacking multiple sites on one unlimited camera account. 

I don't think so.  I also have two smarthubs running, as do many people here.  Plus the newest cameras all allow direct connection to wifi (the ultra 2s are the last model that didn't have this feature).

FWIW, everyone will eventually be migrated to "Feed", and that will require one subscription per location.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fernando2023 wrote:

When trying to install this second Smart Hub, I reach a form that asks me for the name of the device, but the button "Continue" of that form keeps inactive, so I can not continue. 

Were you able to enter a name?

LegacySW
Guide
Guide

I have two basestations on the same network (front and back of house).  I suspect the add limitation is to avoid piggybacking multiple sites on one unlimited camera account. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LegacySW wrote:

I suspect the add limitation is to avoid piggybacking multiple sites on one unlimited camera account. 

I don't think so.  I also have two smarthubs running, as do many people here.  Plus the newest cameras all allow direct connection to wifi (the ultra 2s are the last model that didn't have this feature).

FWIW, everyone will eventually be migrated to "Feed", and that will require one subscription per location.

Fernando2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated the iPhone app and then everything run well.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation