Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fixy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am  trying to get a COPY or SCAN of the ARLO ULTRA 2 or ULTRA (i hope they are same) Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) CERTIFICATE required to ship a few backup batteries out of the US as required by all large international freight Agents

My package is now held and I have two options throw batteries away or try to return them.

Also I have bought Arlo ULTRA 2 system with 4 cameras and gateway and think shipping. company will ask me this document too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

You do not need an MSDS to ship the batteries.  What you need to know is the battery composition and watt-hr rating.  These facts are printed on the battery label.

There are strict international regulations for shipping of batteries. The regulations are hard to follow and change frequently. Some carriers implement policies that are more strict than the regulations, which can cause problems for you.

Arlo uses lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries are considered "dangerous goods" and require specific labeling and specific packaging. The type of aircraft that can carry the package, and the packing and labeling requirements are different for shipping batteries by themselves versus batteries contained-in, or packed with, equipment. 

The two classifications relevant to your situation are:

UN3480--for lithium ion batteries shipped by themselves, and

UN3481--for lithium ion batteries shipped with equipment.

UN3481 is usually easier to ship, as there are exceptions that allow these to be shipped aboard passenger aircraft.

UN3480 is more problematic, as these are considered more dangerous, and can only be shipped via ground or cargo aircraft. The batteries must be discharged to less than 30%.

You can Google UN3480 and UN3481 for more information, but your best bet is to work with a shipper who understands the regulations and can help you pack and label them correctly. See this chart for more information.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/dam/downloads/g0/express/shipping/lithium_batteries/lithium_ion_batte...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fixy,

You can find the Arlo Ultra datasheet here: Arlo Ultra Family Data Sheet

JamesC

Fixy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the data sheet but this document does not contain MSDS data about battery safety.
I am attaching example for Arlo Pro 2 battery. This document tells that it is safe to ship and is not hazardous. It seems that Arlo Pro 3 and Arlo Ultra batteries are also same, should I ask same questuon in other thread?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fixy,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to request this information. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

You do not need an MSDS to ship the batteries.  What you need to know is the battery composition and watt-hr rating.  These facts are printed on the battery label.

There are strict international regulations for shipping of batteries. The regulations are hard to follow and change frequently. Some carriers implement policies that are more strict than the regulations, which can cause problems for you.

Arlo uses lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries are considered "dangerous goods" and require specific labeling and specific packaging. The type of aircraft that can carry the package, and the packing and labeling requirements are different for shipping batteries by themselves versus batteries contained-in, or packed with, equipment. 

The two classifications relevant to your situation are:

UN3480--for lithium ion batteries shipped by themselves, and

UN3481--for lithium ion batteries shipped with equipment.

UN3481 is usually easier to ship, as there are exceptions that allow these to be shipped aboard passenger aircraft.

UN3480 is more problematic, as these are considered more dangerous, and can only be shipped via ground or cargo aircraft. The batteries must be discharged to less than 30%.

You can Google UN3480 and UN3481 for more information, but your best bet is to work with a shipper who understands the regulations and can help you pack and label them correctly. See this chart for more information.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/dam/downloads/g0/express/shipping/lithium_batteries/lithium_ion_batte...

Fixy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Google almighty found me this MSDS and package is on the way to me 🙂 Attaching MSDS that i found for Arlo Pro 3/Ultra/Ultra 2 batteries.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation