Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

5 Ultra 2 cameras but unable to have trial plan activated properly

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant

My experience with Arlo and Arlo support has been terrible.

I have 5 Ultra 2 cameras and after 10 days still unable to have a trial plan activated properly on all 5 cameras.

After numerous chats and calls over 7 days someone suggested resetting the cameras and base.
This let 3 of the 5 cameras start a trial Premier plan but the other 2 didn’t.
Premier only records 2K so cant record locally in 4K - only the 2K.
The Ultra 2 cameras were supposed to be 4K trial.

Resetting the base made 2 cameras lose reception to either none or poor from STRONG - even though nothing had moved or changed apart from the reset. I assume it was because it had a problem with 2.4GHz and 5GHz switching. I did a soft base reset and the two cameras swapped poor and no reception. Another couple if soft resets made them go back to strong reception.

I cant set up activity zones on the remaining 2 cameras without a plan on them

After 10 days i was told today by the supervisor of subscriptions and the level 2 support supervisor that i could pay for a subscription and get a refund for the free trial time.
Otherwise the subscription supervisor told me to WAIT 48 hours for her to sort it out - on top of the 10 days i have been waiting already.
In my experience over the past 10 days when told that Arlo would ring in 24 to 48 hours numerous times and never being called or sent an email, my trust in Arlo is nonexistent.
I would not expect to get the money refunded.

I am also not sure that the cameras will actually work Properly after what i have been through.
I cant believe Arlo would not start a trial of Elite for a month for the sake of $14.95 - but want me to wait another 48 hours.
On top of the 10 days it has already been!!

Has anyone else had this experience too??

Yes i could pay the money but cant believe Arlo refuse to start it without me paying the $14.95 myself !!
Yes i am being just as petty over $14.95 as Arlo but cant believe Arlo doesnt want to fix an issue the fastest way possible after i have been trying to have it sorted for 10 days.

Is 10 days ( actually 12 days by the time the next 48 hr wait goes) the norm for support help from Arlo ??

Should i have bought RING camera instead ??
I am thinking i should have and i assume the Arlo support wish i had - but how can it possibly be so difficult to fix ??
Why are they happy for me to wait another 2 days when i have been trying to fix it for 10 days already ???
Please let me know
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant
My experience with Arlo and Arlo support has been terrible.

I have 5 Ultra 2 cameras and after 10 days still unable to have a trial plan activated properly on all 5 cameras.

After numerous chats and calls over 7 days someone suggested resetting the cameras and base.
This let 3 of the 5 cameras start a trial Premier plan but the other 2 didn’t.
Premier only records 2K so cant record locally in 4K - only the 2K.
The Ultra 2 cameras were supposed to be 4K trial.

Resetting the base made 2 cameras lose reception to either none or poor from STRONG - even though nothing had moved or changed apart from the reset. I assume it was because it had a problem with 2.4GHz and 5GHz switching. I did a soft base reset and the two cameras swapped poor and no reception. Another couple if soft resets made them go back to strong reception.

I cant set up activity zones on the remaining 2 cameras without a plan on them

After 10 days i was told today by the supervisor of subscriptions and the level 2 support supervisor that i could pay for a subscription and get a refund for the free trial time.
Otherwise the subscription supervisor told me to WAIT 48 hours for her to sort it out - on top of the 10 days i have been waiting already.
In my experience over the past 10 days when told that Arlo would ring in 24 to 48 hours numerous times and never being called or sent an email, my trust in Arlo is nonexistent.
I would not expect to get the money refunded.

I am also not sure that the cameras will actually work Properly after what i have been through.
I cant believe Arlo would not start a trial of Elite for a month for the sake of $14.95 - but want me to wait another 48 hours.
On top of the 10 days it has already been!!

Has anyone else had this experience too??

Yes i could pay the money but cant believe Arlo refuse to start it without me paying the $14.95 myself !!
Yes i am being just as petty over $14.95 as Arlo but cant believe Arlo doesnt want to fix an issue the fastest way possible after i have been trying to have it sorted for 10 days.

Is 10 days ( actually 12 days by the time the next 48 hr wait goes) the norm for support help from Arlo ??

Should i have bought RING camera instead ??
I am thinking i should have and i assume the Arlo support wish i had - but how can it possibly be so difficult to fix ??
Why are they happy for me to wait another 2 days when i have been trying to fix it for 10 days already ???
Please let me know
Thanks
Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant
Surprise, surprise
One and a half days later and still never contacted by Arlo for anything despite numerous promises.
Will wait till the 48 hours is up then as usual ring them again.

Extremely poor customer service
Inexcusable Arlo
Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant
As expected 48 hours promised but no contact at all from Arlo.
I phoned them an no help available again - wait another 24 hours for another manager to try to sort it out !
That takes it to day 13 to get an advertised trial started
Excellent work - surely this will be a record in incompetence
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tc122,

Are you still having this issue? If you still have not heard from the support team, please let us know.

Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant
Day 16
Still not sorted out
Step backwards - Arlo phone app update has now wiped out the 3cameras that did have a trial !!!
So now back to zero of 5 cameras with any trial
Great job Arlo !!
All I ever hear from Arlo is “it has been escalated”
The engineers have supposedly been notified for over 2 weeks and nothing happens.
Now even worse after the app update
RING is looking very good at the moment
How can it possibly be so difficult to deliver what is advertised ???
Tc122
Aspirant
Aspirant
Luckily totally closing and opening the app a couple of times has let it link the trial for 3 of the 5 cameras back in

No idea how or why but it looks like it is back to how it was prior to the update

Still no progress with the remaining 2 cameras

Have been told to purchase a subscription and be refunded the the trial time - but when told numerous times Arlo would be in contact in 24-48 hrs and no response how can Arlo be trusted to refund anything ?
Why cant they just give up on the engineers fixing the trial and start a real subscription for the time of the trial ??
They have had 16 days or so - isn’t that enough ??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation