Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DPIuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just ordered the new Ultra2  four camera  pack to add to my existing Arlo Pro 2 system and I have a few questions. 

1. - Does the 3 second look-back ONLY work when the Ultra 2 cameras are plugged in to a continuous AC power source?

2. - How can I utilize my existing Arlo Pro 2 system?

Can I use both base systems on one account?

Should I just add the Arlo Pro 2 cameras to the new Ultra 2 base station?

Thanks for any configuration help that anyone can suggest for optimal usage.

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes ,the look back feature only works when the cameras are powered externally using AC power.

Yes, you can use both systems on the same account.

You can either add the second base and the new cameras to that base allowing you to have 1 base at one end of the house and the other base at the other end of the house for better range of coverage. This also splits the system in case you want to run separate schedules.

Or you could remove the old cameras from the old base and just add them to your new base.

Either way, which ever route you follow, none of it is irreversible so you can test and see what works for you. 

DPIuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Streak2!

How does having all cameras work on one account? < I would have 9 total after adding the new cameras >

I have 5 Pro 2's on the free 7 day rolling account.

I think I'll might be better off setting up this new Ultra 4 pack on a new account < 3 month trial account > so I don't go over the 5 camera limit?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

It works the same with 5 as it does with 9.

The list of cameras/bases on the app just gets longer and you have more options for cross triggering if you use that feature.

Yes, you could set up a new account with the new base to avoid going over the 5 camera limit but then that would be a totally different login to the app. and the 2 bases would not see each other.

As mentioned, none of is this irreversible so you can try different options and see what suits you.

Here is an article on the various subscriptions.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

DPIuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I just connected the second "new ultra hub" successfully to my current account. I then added 1 new Ultra camera to that new hub and it shows as a 6th camera in my list, and it added my 3 month trial to my account. I have a feeling that after the trial is over < even if I subscribe - which I will > I will probably limit me to 5 cameras unless I pay for the extras.

I'll have to decide what suits me best. I really don't need 9 cameras, but I might as well keep them all hook up for the 3 months and decide then.

My first visual impression of the Ultra's is not very good. I think the compression is too high which really is the main quality factor. I also notice that we aren't allowed to play a recorded event via the web browser dashboard < must be downloaded to view? >, but can be playbacked on iPhone. 

Do you have the new Ultra 2's or at least the Ultras? I think they are the same camera. Are you happy with the viewing and playback of them? 

I still have 1 original Arlo Q and 4 of the Pro 2's. I might test all 3 versions side by side in one location and see what I get.

Not sure if the 4K plan is worth paying for if the quality isn't any better. Thanks again for your expert help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation