Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2021-1-6 Arlo Ultra 2 not sending push notifications to Android Galaxy Note 10 phone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first installed the system I was getting push notifications on my Galaxy Note 10 Android phone.  I am no longer receiving these notifications.  I've checked my settings on my phone as well as the Galaxy Wearable for notifications.  They are both setup to send push notifications.  I can receive emails but not notifications.

I do have a schedule setup for certain times.  I don't think this is the issue since my wife receives notifications on her iPhone.

I get the two step notification from Arlo just fine.

I've seen many posts in 2019 there was a software fix.  What is the solution today, 01-6-2021 to get this working again.  I hate to have to send the system back to Amazon for a full refund.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If they are coming through on the iphone there are a couple things to check with Samsung.  First make sure you have given Arlo all the permissions, then when on apps in settings go to the 3 dot menu at the top and click on special access and be sure to turn off the selector under optimize battery usage for the Arlo app.  Also under adaptive notifications click none although Samsung will turn it back on every time they update the software.  That one sometimes effects them and sometimes not.  My S10+ originally didn't get them until Arlo made a change and after that sometimes not as accurate as the wife's iphone until I turned off the battery optimization for Arlo.  Since then my S10 and now S20 beat her iphone always.  The adaptive notifications has since been added.  Samsung like every one else wants to decide for you.  Then again your case may be different but that fixed mine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If they are coming through on the iphone there are a couple things to check with Samsung.  First make sure you have given Arlo all the permissions, then when on apps in settings go to the 3 dot menu at the top and click on special access and be sure to turn off the selector under optimize battery usage for the Arlo app.  Also under adaptive notifications click none although Samsung will turn it back on every time they update the software.  That one sometimes effects them and sometimes not.  My S10+ originally didn't get them until Arlo made a change and after that sometimes not as accurate as the wife's iphone until I turned off the battery optimization for Arlo.  Since then my S10 and now S20 beat her iphone always.  The adaptive notifications has since been added.  Samsung like every one else wants to decide for you.  Then again your case may be different but that fixed mine.

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

LandJS,

Thanks for the solution below.  It worked!.  I made the changes you suggested below.  Also, I changed my video settings to best video.  Received the notifications immediately.

I'll test in the morning where video settings are Optimized.  That's where I had them configured.  Hopefully, the notifications will still work.  Otherwise at 4k recording, I may get 3 to 4 days on the batteries before I have to recharge.

Thanks again.

Mark

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

LandJS,

Maybe you can help with this as well.  Remember I have a Galaxy Note 10.  Following your instructions above, I am getting my notifications now.  However, I discovered this morning that the camera's are not recording audio. Now it rained last night but the camera's supposed to be weather resistant.

Could this be a setting in my phone I need to check?

Thanks,

Mark

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If they are turned on in the app (that needs to be done for each camera you want that feature on ) and you have given all permissions to the app in your phone app it should be working.  I hear bees that get close, the sound of humming birds coming, the driveway gravel when a car comes.  Even the neighbors dogs an chickens 300 feet away.  As for rain can't say mine on the front and back are just below the overhang.  Seven feet up the house was the reco I read and where I get the best coverage.  Had them higher and they didn't do as well.  A car had to be within the 25 ft range for the front cam to pick it up, now it is 35 to 40.  Can't explain it but that's what happened. On the ends I purchased covers from Amazon designed for that purpose, they extend out 10 inches.  The one on my driveway I put in a empty bird feeder so it has a roof and it has a black cover so it looks like a bird to anyone looking that way lol.

mchapma72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again LandJS.

Mark

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation