Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
Bob16
Aspirant
Aspirant
S/n 4RD37B7JA671D
Internet connection problem
Mo3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted router, rebooted Arlo base station, checked all Ethernet and power plugs. Base station shows has green light on power and internet but sync button is amber. App shows base station not connected to internet and is offline. It has been off all night. Anyone else having this problem. And is this an Arlo server problem?

Raesv1
Star
Star

It was down saying base station offline starting yesterday morning. I waiting hoping it would resolve but it didn’t so I had to reset the base to factory settings, install the base again, get the ladders out and climb up and bring in all my cameras and sync them again, (I’ve had to do this 13 times since March, for two years, no problems at all then since March one problem after another). It still wouldn’t work on the iPad app but I could get it to work on the website. Finally this morning the app started working again. Everything is up and running for me right now but with the way the system has been doing since March it’s completely unreliable. I was saving money to upgrade to new cameras which is what I think they’re trying to force us to do but I’ve decided to try a different brand to just replace Arlo. I need reliable security cameras, not security cameras that I have to fix 13 times since March. Oh, and when it does this and you have to keep syncing again over and over it drains your batteries.  Used to replace batteries every 5-6 months, now it’s about every 2-3 weeks since March. I can’t even afford the batteries any more.

coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep...here we go again.  Says no internet connection on my phone, but laptop comes and goes.  Internet connection is fine, it is arlo having issues once again.   All we can do is wait unless you want to try more and that usually doesn't do anything but frustrate.

coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not the internet....arlo once again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 replies in one post, newer one first:

1) If you would read through other posts with similar complaints, especially recent ones, you would find out that it's a DNS problem that Netgear has little to do with. Your ISP's DNS servers are the cause which is why I strongly recommend not using them, since they have a reputation (all of them) to occasionally break something. Use Google or OpenDNS instead - set your router to use those instead of the default.

2)

@Mo3 wrote:

I have rebooted router, rebooted Arlo base station, checked all Ethernet and power plugs. Base station shows has green light on power and internet but sync button is amber. App shows base station not connected to internet and is offline. It has been off all night. Anyone else having this problem. And is this an Arlo server problem?

A solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Did you use the reset button or remove the base from Settings, My Devices? In any event, you'll need to use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim it. I suspect you'll also need to sync your cameras but if things are goofy, remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start completely fresh.

maihem
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Chipper.

My Arlo Pro 2- 6 camera base station has been offline since sometime around the 26th, I was out of town and could not connect.  The cameras were still recording events and sending text alerts until I tried to reset the base station on the 28th, have not had a camera record anything since that reset and can not get anything to work on the Pro 2 side.

The Arlo Q cameras are still working fine, direct WiFi, however, the app is so glitchy in both iOS and Android that it is barely worth trying to use.

Moderator, Please Help Me!

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I am now in the same boat as everyone else here, my original Arlo wireless base station is not connecting to the internet. Cameras do seem to respond to motion, ie I can see the night vision going on and off but no recording. It has worked fine for over 2 years, never had this before.

s/n 48E35775A18BF

VMB3010r2

1.10.0.4_20963

What can i do please?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LEDs are showing on the base and what color? Have you power cycled it?

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for the reply.

I only have remote access at the moment which is part of my problem. I can access my router and I can see the base station is no longer showing up on the LAN port, so is well and truly disconected from the internet! I have rebooted the router but no luck.

Will need to invest in a wemo switch but have never had this issue before after 2 years of use 😞

All I can do is make a physical visit to site and see what is happeneing with the LED's and do a power cycle.

There must be a core problem though with this latest firmware version with so many users now facing simlar issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there anyone with physical access who can do that for you?

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

When I finally reached the base station the respective LED's were all steady green. Following a reboot, the system came back to life and I noticed the firmware is now 1.10.0.7_21310.

I am therefore assuming that when the firmware update occurred, this was when the system stopped.

At least I'm running again and learnt a lesson to fit a wemo switch 🙂

Thanks for the help 🙂

CandS
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s been over a month now since the problems started. Any news on firmware update for vmb4000? We are on 1.092.0.13_19715 and 2.5.4 on the app, we have tried everything suggested (literally) and still the basestation says offline and yet in this state if armed it will record motion?! Furthermore still no notifications, it really is incredibly bad customer service from Netgear, so many people with useless systems after these updates and yet Netgear quite happily advertising and promoting their new arlo range. How about helping their existing customers first?
RobynDW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problem....does it every get resolved? does anyone have an answer

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Lsteller52
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your base station is off line
Internet Provider: COX

I have tried all suggestions, including rebooting the base station, but cannot connect to the internet with COX. Is there a wireless base station that works with COX residential internet?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. You could use a WiFi extender to plug the base into but you'd hve the same problem since the connection still has to go through the router. What symptoms are you seeing? The Internet LED should be at least amber which means the connection to the server isn't made but is connected to the router. That usually means that the ISP (if they own the router) or you (if you do) has to open ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com. After all this time, some ISPs still block this by default.

be_canadian_eh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Base Station firmware:1.10.0.8_22190

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider:Shaw

Exact error message:basestation offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):Win10  ipad

internet LED light OFF all the time

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would explain the error message since the Internet LED has to be green to work. Off means no connection to even your router. Try power cycling your router and base, in that order, letting the router complete it's process before starting the base. If still off, try a different cable and router port. If still off, it would appear to be a bad base. Open a case with support here.

be_canadian_eh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried everything but still LED is off.

How do I open a case?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.