Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
DrennanDennis
Tutor
Tutor

Ever sense the update yesterday morning, motion sensing and modes dont work.  Using ios. 

DamienT
Guide
Guide
My system still offline at the moment. Didn’t fixed for me.
Angelopoulos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our system is back up and running. First recorded video was today at 3:03 AM.
Thank you!
Cathen78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem base station appears offline. Also my alarm is just randomly going off.
SoggyChris
Tutor
Tutor
It is now working. Thank you for handling the issue overnight.
AG67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station is connected to the internet, but it appears (in the app) as if it is offline and cannot (apparently) connect to the cameras rendering the whole system totally useless. This seemed to happen last night. When I went to connect to one of the cameras, for a few seconds it did connect, then it went into this "Your base station is offline" situation. We are with Spectrum internet and the internet is fine as is the wireless. This is an Arlo specific situation. Can someone at Arlo get us a fix asap?

chiper
Guide
Guide

Hello Everyone,

If you are just reaching this thread allow me to save you some time. 

1. I'm based in Australia and my base station has been offline for almost 24hrs now. Last recorded image 10:48pm GMT +10.

2. Netgear have pushed out an update that has caused various issues for some (not all) Arlo users. 

3. Rebooting your base station does not fix the problem but its worth trying. 

4. Some users can't access their cameras, some the entire base station is offline.

5. Some users that have had their issue resolved are finding random cameras dropping off and missing scenes/modes.

6. Netgear are being tight lipped on the exact cause AND an ETA for service resolution. Despite the forum posted stating resolved many users are still experiencing ongoing issues (your not alone). 

If you are experiencing any of these things the best thing to do is post to this forum. A moderator will pick up your comment and ask you to send them your serial number. Do not post your serial number in this public forum. 

Hope this saves someone some time. 

Cheers,

Chiper

jdt359
Tutor
Tutor
Firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963
Arlo VMB3010r2
Comcast
IOS

I have 2 base stations & a premium account. One base is online and the other now says Arlo device offline(one camera).. This base & camera monitor my Dad because he has health issues. It’s vital this base/camera properly function. The frequency of these types of issues with Arlo are increasing. Do you not do quality control??!! If you don’t start doing better I will move to a different vendor. This is becoming unacceptable.
sabo23
Aspirant
Aspirant

base stations showing offline for  16 hrs after attempt at firmware update.  app suggests base station is not powered or connected.  3 lights blinking...power cycled...no help.

cant access devices in app

need help

chiper
Guide
Guide

Agreed with those frustrated by Netgear support/quality. Took me 5 months to get a faulty camera replaced (logged with support in Jan, replaced finally in May) and their support people couldnt understand why I was getting frustrated. Zero care or follow up from Netgear support. 

I think we just have to accept that Netgear have become a low margin high volume consumer product organisation and in that model customer service and quality control are always minimum viable effort. 

Alvinaf
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem here in Australia. It has been offline for more than 12 hours. Can anyone let me know when it could be fixed.
knixrule
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station firmware: Not available

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): Arlo, Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider: Spectrum

Exact error message: Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): Android, Web

kdjz28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not completely fixed

VMB4000r3 base station. Firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

Can access Mode and Settings again. Cameras are all online. Cameras do detect motion and record acordingly. 

1. Cameras do not send Push Notification. Settings in Mode are correct. Critical issue for us with this camera system. 

2. When using the IOS ap, Version 2.5.0 released May 4, 2018, the Library shows 1,151 videos, even though they have been viewed already via the Website access on my Windows 10 desktop. 

BlueWolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest firmware has caused issues. Cameras not recording at all since about 10:00pm MDT last night (5/14/18) but everything does show as online and live view works.

Base Station
Arlo
HW Version VMB3010r2
Firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

Cameras
HW VersionH7
Firmware1.2.16720

Please advise.

Tony
BJBB
Initiate
Initiate
Base station says it’s offline on iOS I’ve reset it multiple times . Still nothing
coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where most has returned to normal, my cameras are still not recording and 

Device Settings is not available.

Callie1961
Initiate
Initiate

Base station appearing off line

mod# vmb4000

los

mediacom

arlo pro

Chris_Liu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base Station firmware: latest firmware
Device type showing offline: Arlo
Internet Service Provider: TPG
The application used (iOS,
Meksson
Guide
Guide

Hi. My problem started May 14, after updating the Arlo app to the new version 2.5.0 on my iPhone X, with latest ios.

I have 2 basestations and 6 cameras.

The problems are random, some appear as offline, few minutes later they are ok but other is appeaering offline. But they do work, I got notifications if movements or sounds are discovered.  I can not connect to edit or switch my rules or modes.

I also run the app on an iPad pro, with Arlo app version 2.4.9  and here almost ecerything works. Some strange things have happened with the rules and also som cameras are now shown were they are not supposed to be.

I so regret that I updated the iPhones Arlo app, but I’m wating to get aoption with different notification sound.

Also, it was hard to find that others have problems too, so at LOT of my time was spoiled, because of the DIY support solution, and the chat, how long must one wait ?  = )

Is there a way to “downdate” the app ? So I get version 2.4.9 back.

Hope You working for a solution

Michael in Sweden

dpenhos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Country Mexico

Internet Provider. Telmex Infinutum 

Firmware: Can´t Check (system Offline) Since 13/may/2018

Android 

chrome(windows)

billlynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Message shows your base station offline but ststion green light shows connected,camer light solid orange

bowrob2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will not come on
Raesv1
Star
Star

Base station says it is back online now but no recordings now for two days. Only live is working. Really getting tired of this happening over and over. Went two years with no problems and now problem after problem for the past 4 months. Was thinking about upgrading cameras but now I’m thinking of getting a different brand of cameras  since these are no longer reliable.

hharry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base Station firmware: unknown
Device type showing offline: Arlo Pro
Internet Service Provider:Comcast
Exact error message: “Your base station is offline”
The application used (iOS, Android, Web):
AndrewD604
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo base station has been offline since the update yesterday. No recordings and can’t access live view from either of my two cameras, it just says “Getting Status”.

Support please pm me so that I can serial#, etc.

There are probably thousands of people with this problem that aren’t finding this forum. I hope there’s a more universal approach to fixing issues in the future.