Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
124u
Initiate
Initiate

Everything worked fine for me until this morning when I was charging and found the update So I did that and followed instructions and now nothing.Version 2.4.13.870_20870

Now Says Appears to be offline then goes to Getting Status? Been almost all day since and nothing works now.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Base station not appearing offline but everything is messed up. All my modes are no longer (except the disarmed mode) working, schedule is no longer working and my cameras “come and go” from my device list. Even more annerving is the having redet camera settings after they show up again.

Who the hell has been playing with all this **bleep**, do they have kids messing around with our cameras?

Never seen new firmware (meant @AS upgrade) so screwed up and causing so much damage.

doesitwork
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB3010r2

Base, Pro (4) , pro2 (1)

Xfinity

Android, Browser (Edge) - Base offline, Cameras show "Your arlo appears offline ... "

If you reload browser, cameras show online but then move to error message after a few seconds.

Started early morning - sometime between 4 and 6 am CST.

discenter9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): Arlo Pro BS w/ 5 Pro cameras

Internet Service Provider: AT&T

Exact error message: 

Your Arlo device appears offline
Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet.
Visit support.arlo.com for help.

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): iOS, WEB

coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Many offline comments and yet no resolution from Netgear about the last update messing up everyone's base stations.  The really odd part is that some of the cameras continue to periodically work on" live", but they can't be viewed on video since the settings and mode portions don't work while reading "offline". The question: how in the world can it be off line if it is still videoing? And why hasn't it been repaired by Netgear?????

coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Intermittent camera action with no access to mode nor settings. Library isn't accessible either.  Off line is the reply to status checks when the base is actually on line, obviously, with some cameras still working. 

Lx1x
Star
Star
The base station is alive!! I can access it now from phone.

Mode and live views working again. 👍👍
Barneyblah38
Initiate
Initiate
Firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666

Has been offline AAAAALLLL day.

Nothing wrong with my internet, etc..

This is happening more and more often now.

It’s a regular occurrence.

Ridiculous.

I cannot recommend Arlo products to anyone from now on. Seriously let down.
discenter9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Lx1x

did you do anything specific - or did it just "come back"

(THX!)

Lx1x
Star
Star
@discenter9999 I just restarted it when I got home. Still Nothing.

15 min later I checked my phone again and it's working. 😁
garners
Aspirant
Aspirant

The ARLO system was set to scheduled and was ment to be in disarmed mode by 7:00am, however it was still armed. Also the time stamp on the library entry was incorrect as the the 7:22am motion detection shows 02:22. I tried rebooting the hub to fix the issue. all three lights are showing solid greeen, second light will blink when network activity is active, only when i try the log on using Web, IOS or andriod it tells me the system is offline.  I am connected via BT.

EchoBase
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, "your base station is offline" 

Base Station firmware: Today's Update

Device type showing offline: Arlo Pro 2

Internet Service Provider: AT&T

The application used: iOS & Web

Web version allows live viewing however you can't make any edits to settings.

Base station is powered, connected and reflecting green indicator lights.

lbjq2002
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo base is offline since early this morning. Tried to trouble shoot but no luck...
discenter9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Lx1x - thank you, i did the same when I got home. web still "no" and iOS still "no" - i'll continue to wait

Urizen1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo and arlo pro appear offline in android app
Also notifications are tripled since oreo update
Lx1x
Star
Star
@discenter9999

Should be fix by tonight.

I was second poster this am...

Funny.. just got pm from one of Netgear guys just after I replied to your post... Practically saying what I just did earlier.
Reboot and re log in.
jdt359
Tutor
Tutor
Base station offline
Arlo
Comcast
IOS
kdjz28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo master VMB4000r3, S/N 4R03737JA88D4 firmware updated today. When I started the Arlo application, it had a message that the base station and cameras needed a firmware update. After the update(s) ran, the cameras no longer record when motion is present. I can look at the cameras in LIVE mode. When I try to go to MODE to look at settings, the base station goes offline. After a few minutes, I have to restart the Arlo application (on desktop PC or IOS) and I can get back in. Then the base station goes back offline.

Base Station firmware: Can’t find it.

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): Master goes offline

Internet Service Provider: Spectrum. The Master is a wired connection to the roouter.

Exact error message: Offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): On the windows 10 desktop and IOS on my phone

ng_gl
Initiate
Initiate

Base station: VMB4000r3, cameras are all Arlo Pro cameras.

Firmware: No idea. There doesn't appear to be any way to tell from the web.

Error message: "Getting status..." then "Your base station is offline" on iOS. Web is now working, but wasn't until a few moments ago. If I go to the "Mode" tab on the web interface, it just hangs at "Getting status..." forever, then I can no longer view the cameras, with "Your Arlo device appears offline." Logging out and back in to the web lets me view the cameras again.

Videos recorded during outage: NO. Motion was occuring on several cameras, but no video was recorded. No alerts were sent.

All lights on base station are green. I rebooted the base station (all lights were still green,) and the behavior persisted.

This is asinine that you guys didn't send out a message that the system had failed. I found out from a push notification telling me that geofencing was being turned off due to lack of an Internet connection (but the other devices in my house stayed online - my Internet connection has experienced no problems.) 

Arlo is a security system. It must be 100% reliable, no questions, no excuses. An hour+ long outage (for me, I see there are others who have had longer outages) is completely beyond the pale, especially when the system is not even recording video during this 'problem'.

Again, a lack of a centralized status page is also unacceptable. We keep telling you this and you keep ignoring us to roll out more hardware instead of making the existing hardware work.

Bronx2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Error message is "Your Base station is offline"  Check if it is powered up and connected to the internet.  Message is for IOS on the web it just says checking status then says Offline.  Model is the VMB4000  Service Provider is Spectrum.  Another weird thing is I can view the cameras live but can't do anything else.  Then after a few seconds it will log me out.

Allsport2233
Guide
Guide

Per Netgear Support:

"For now there is still no news for the fix on the issue. I would suggest to stay updated on the thread when there is an available workaround or the issue has been fixed"

It was suggested to support that they update this thread since the last update was 11am and they should also put up a bulletin on their login screen to let users know of the issue since this appears to be widespread. They need to communicate to their customers.  

The issue started after the firmware update last night. Cameras still appear to be operational, I can stream the cameras on the web and android device, but since the base station appears offline the modes cannot trigger. 

Base Station firmware: Whatever version pushed last night 5/14

Device type showing offline: VMB4000r3

Internet Service Provider: Xfinity/Comcast

Exact error message: Base Station Offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): Web/Android 

crgolden
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo is staying it’s offline and to check it’s powered on and connected to the internet. We have restarted our internet modem and the base station with no success.
pooh347
Tutor
Tutor
Msg: Your Arlo appears offline. Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the internet. Devices used to access: Android phone, Ipad, HP laptop windows 10. Internet provider: ATT
Steliosc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station
Firmware 1.9.8.0_16666
Comcast
Base station offline
iOS
MikeUSMC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Message that base station and cameras are offline