Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short time between 8am and 9:30am PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience,

Arlo Team

arlo-app-phone.png

189 REPLIES 189
Collywog1
Star
Star
Well a new day and back to not getting any notifications again very strange. I guess I’ll just wait for the update and see. One thing is for sure I won’t be buying the new lights I was planning on getting until I have a few months at least with no issues.
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

@Collywog1  Are you still getting the video recordings in  your library?

Collywog1
Star
Star
Yes when I go into my library after I know there should have been a notification I would see the video then. I think the last update caused multiple problems for some people. My wife has the same iPhone as me and she is having no problems whatsoever. Hopefully we will only have to wait another day or so until the app is updated again and we will see then.
Tulsaarts
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Baby does not show my toddler getting out of bed at night. It will show me putting him back in bed. I’ve had the camera for about ten days now.. it’s important that I have recordings of his movement at night, but it has failed to provide any. How can this be fixed?
Speaks
Guide
Guide
I have just got off the phone from UK tech support.

I had to delete all the cameras. Removed batteries and then put batteries back in.

Push a safety clip into the base station reset button for 30 seconds. Leaving the station on and plugged in.

Then add each camera individually.

Motion is now working, along with notifications and video library. Fingers crossed this is fixed.

Hope this works for you.
Tulsaarts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Motion is recorded during the day even of the toddler, just not at night. Would your recommendation work for this?
holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

Still NO help from ARLO.  I'm thinking a better camera system would be the way to go considering ARLO is too incompetent to fix their own software flaws in a timely manner (buffoons).  I've had nothing but problems with this product and would NOT recommend this system to my worst enemies.  These guys will dodge responsibility in a heartbeat!     

holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

WRONG again ARLO!!!  The problem is still happening with IOS systems and you've fixed nothing.  Stop "shooting from the hip" and get some consultants (your current software engineers are too incompetent) in there to fix YOUR problem that you created.

phil1344
Guide
Guide

finally got it all working but still no i very few emails but it is recording

FridaCat
Guide
Guide

I have the issue with motion detection, and I am a Android, Pixel 2 XL, user.  So, I agree, this is not just an Apple/iPhone app issue.  Support gave me a workaround of using custom mode.

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just to advise we were getting no notification again last 24-48 hours but recordings were still taking place. Could login and see them in the library.

Window cleaner came today and got the usual loads of notifications. And recordings. Not counting my blessings just yet

Even got an email with a low battery warning message earlier too.

Arlo Pro 5 cameras 1.092.0.13_19715
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

@FridaCat can you explain in more detail what is happening with your motion detection issue?  My Active zones are not working within the bounds of the zones at random intervals.  At times I can activate motion when Im 6 feet away from a active zone.  Other times a zone ingores somone walking directly through a zone.

I get push notifications with no email or video stored in liberary, its all very random and think some of this iv encountered is in bugs going way back that they are aware of.  Just wainting for my RMA now.  Its shame I cant find a better alternative, I quite like all the features it has if they worked.

Dan

FridaCat
Guide
Guide

Hello Dan, specifically, motion detection does not work when I active the "Armed" Mode.  It does not notify me when motion is detected, nor does it record video or give me any email notifications.  Also, it does not detect motion (thus no notifications or videos) when in "Geofencing" Mode when the status of the system is "armed".  I have the Android app on a Pixel 2 XL. 

My cameras pass the motion detection test.  I walk in front about 6 feet away, and the camera detects motion fine.  However, when I put it in "Armed" mode, walk in front of the camera in the exact same manner, nothing happens, no motion detection. 

I was able to get motion detection to work fine by setting up a custom mode.  But now I have to remember to manually set the custom mode to activate motion detection when I am not home.  I used to use Geofencing mode until motion detection feature broke. 

I have not attempted to reset my entire system and re-add/re-sync my cameras yet as that will take some time.  Besides, I am awaiting notification from Arlo that they have truly fixed the issue. It's too time consuming to keep resetting my system (because the issue isn't really fixed), so at least the "custom mode" work around consistently works for me for now.  Hope that answers your question!

FridaCat  

Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
Frida this is a known issue for many of us day 7 for me of the same thing. Arlo is ignoring it. All they say is we are aware
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Is anyone else's battery draining during this messup? Mine went from 90% down to 22% in less than a week. That is not normal! Considering it's not recording, what's up with the drainage? 

Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’d return it if you can. Arlo always has issues after updates. But this last one is on day 7 for me. I rely on Arlo as I’m deaf. It’s very important for me. They are ignoring and not answering or giving us a timelines of when it will be fixed. Usually it’s a quick fix after updates. This one has me worried.
StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
Notifications and recordings currently working to me, the main user. But my other half isn’t getting notifications. She has a shared account to my main one.

I’m running iOS 11.4 on an iPhone X, Arlo Pro 5 camera system.

I can understand how frustrating this is to everyone, myself included as I’m fairly sure we have intermittent use.

Intriguingly IFTTT still works. We use Tado smart heating going into away mode as the trigger to turn Arlo on and of.f as found Arlo’s native geofencing too unreliable.
Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes me too. One battery went from 100 percent last Saturday and I replaced yesterday and was at 23 percent. It was turned off the entire time. Hmmmm. Getting a bit upset by this whole screw up.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

I don't blame you for being concerned, let's hope this update gets fixed asap! I hope they've learned  not to release until they have checked absolutely everything for next time. Unfortunately I can't do a return, mine is two years old. I looked back two years, looks like another update messed things up but, it was resolved quickly. 

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think the cause is perhaps two fold.

There was a firmware update in the last couple of weeks to the hardware coupled with an update to the app, certainly on iOS.

Whether the issue relates to one or both remains to be seen but it’s clearly not coincidental the issues have arisen at this time.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Very interesting!  So how do you explain that one? If it's not recording, or is off, there's no reason for it to drain the batteries. I'm wondering if it's stuck on live mode behind the scenes? Like on their end somehow making our cameras stay on but not record? Idk, it's just plain weird.

ralvaradojr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recording and notifications still not working. This is fustrating.
GTTX
Guide
Guide

Updated Arlo app in the iOS App Store. I just updated and it seems that push notifications are working again. 

Roccote57
Guide
Guide

Try this it worked for me, so far.  Remove each camera, remove the base, re-set the base, re-sync each camera. It worked for me. Time will tell if this truely fixes the issue.

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

I followed the steps and reset everything the other day which didn't help but arlo did work today somewhat. I did receive notifications, yay! had some recordings, but it failed to record when I was putting my car cover on. It recorded after I was done and walked into the house. It's not perfect, but at least it's better than it was that's for sure. We'll see how long his lasts.  

Until next time...