Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short time between 8am and 9:30am PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience,

Arlo Team

arlo-app-phone.png

189 REPLIES 189
teeharley
Tutor
Tutor
This does suck, but I followed the exact steps mentioned earlier on removing the base station and all cams and got my recordings and push notifications back on both phones. (For now)
Collywog1
Star
Star
Well I was just walking past my camera and got a notification on it. The steps I took were absolutely nothing since the last time I tried. I also got a reply from arlo which gave me some tips that might be of use to others maybe.

“Thank you for contacting NETGEAR Arlo Email Support.

We understand that you can no longer receive Arlo push notifications. This could have been triggered by an Arlo application update.

Please also be advised that an updated iOS Arlo app version (2.5.1) has already been released to fix this known Push Notifications problem. You can do the following steps, to see if the problem gets fixed:

1. Tap your iPhone's Settings > General > iPhone Storage. (On an iPad the last option will be labelled iPad Storage.)
2. At the bottom of the screen, you will see your apps arranged by the amount of storage they take up. Select Arlo in the list.
3. Clear the Arlo app's cache storage by tapping on the "Offload App" button.
4. Tap "Delete App" button and confirm.
5. Reboot your iPhone. Then head to the App Store and download the latest Arlo application. This will be a clean install without any app data and documents.
6. Log back into the app. Then, trigger motion on your cameras and see if your push notifications are now back on.
7. If the Arlo push notifications are still not being sent to you after doing steps 1-6, please also check if your new Arlo app version's notifications are not blocked by the iOS system. You can refer to this KB article for the steps: “
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

I can't tell if they are lying to you about 2.5.1 or simply don't even understand that it has NOT been released yet.  It may have been submitted to apple, but that's not the same thing.

Go ahead and look in the app store yourself, since clearly whoever sent you this email did not.  Latest version "released" is 2.5.0.

Collywog1
Star
Star
Yes I am aware that I didn’t get an update, i only copy and pasted what was sent to me.
Collywog1
Star
Star
I can’t reply to the email or I would ask them where to get the magic update that is not in the App Store lol.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think its just the Apple app that's not working properly, its every app and everything! They shouldn't release an update with bugs! Don't they have a manual tester before they start automation testing? Somewhere along the line something got messed up. I have done absolutely everything imaginable on my end to get it back to it's working condition, nothing helps. BTW the version is 2.50 not 2.51. A possible typo? 

Anyone else get their camera back into working condition? This has been going on for a few weeks now for me. 

Collywog1
Star
Star
I only have an iPhone the same as my Mrs so I can’t say about others. I think we might be the testers for new updates. I tried everything myself as well and nothing worked, then this evening I walked past one of the cameras and i got a notification so I walked past another one and got a notification as well. Makes no sense to me at all and I am unsure if it will work again tomorrow. I did ask them in the online case where I could get this 2.5.1 update as I know of no one who got it. I think it was 2.5.0 that messed things up for me. Maybe like some one else said they might have given it to Apple who knows.
Roccote57
Guide
Guide

The System is STILL not recording motion. 5/22/2018 est 19:00 hours

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, I'll give it a few days myself, just got a few notifications so we'll see. It usually stops day 3 after troubleshooting. 

Apple isn't responsible for the updates Arlo is, its arlos software team that made the release with apparent bugs. If Apple owned arlo, then yes but that isn't the case. 

I've had this camera for 2+years now and this is the worst its ever been. I did notice something in my rule, it looks like a duplication. I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing the same rule twice. Maybe its a bug that is confusing the rules and notifications? I attached a photo. Check your rules and try deleting them and start over. I had to do that a few times too. 

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

I don't know if this will help me, or others, but here's part of the support chat I had early. Time will tell if it works as a temporary fix and I'll know in a few days of trying this.

Support: At that time, does the system use the schedule mode?
Me: I read that this is a common issue and was hoping you had a recommended fix or tweak.
Me: Yes, it uses the schedule mode.
Support: We have an issue on schedule mode as of the moment. The engineering team is working for a fix on this issue.
Support: For now, i recommend to use the ARMED and DISARMED.
Me: Did this just start happening with the recent firmware update?
Support: I cannot tell if that's the reason why but we are still coordinating to the engineering team about the cause of the issue.

Collywog1
Star
Star
I just got this message so I can’t complain about the speed of reply anyway. Hopefully the new update will bring some stability.

“Thank you for quickly responding.

My apologies for the mistake. We just received the announcement of the new App version's release today. The official update's App Store availability may take few hours from the time our engineers pushed the new app version to the Apple servers. Please try to check again by the end of the day or tomorrow (24 - 48 hours)”
BobbyJohn
Star
Star

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I don't understand how the App update will fix this issue? The base station can be accessed via an App and browser. This leads me to believe the firmware is at play here and is need of an update, not the App.

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

It's too bad you were introduced to Arlo at such a bad time! I've had mine for 2+ years and this issue is the worst ever. I'm hoping they read all these threads and get busy.  Hey Arlo, don't you have a manual tester looking for bugs before it goes any further down the line?

I'm hoping its just something small ( which can be big) and they get on this! 

For what it's worth, I've been happy with my little camera for the most part until this. Also, I've had to call my ISP and had a port opened that some isp's block. I did this in the very beginning, I'm wondering if its possible that there is a new port that needs to be opened? That will block your camera from acting property. I'm using xfinity...call and ask for "advanced tech support" if you have them. I wish I could remember the port number, its on one of my threads from years ago. Also, considering

you just purchased this, you have free 90 days of support. Call and ask which ports need to be opened is my suggestion. If you do, can you post what they said? Thanks!

Collywog1
Star
Star
Not sure really, but for me my problems started on the 2.5.0 update so I have my fingers crossed the update will sort it. Maybe I’m being naive lol.
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

It depends on what issue you are talking about.  For push notifications, mode, and scheding, it's the app.  It broke things.

Also, to clear up some confusion about the process.  Their 2.5.0 release did mess lots of stuff up.  They "announced" (by commenting just once in one of dozens of threads about the issue) that they submitted a release 2.5.1 to the apple/itunes store.  Apple has to validate the software (not by testing whether or not it works correctly, but that it conforms to their app store guidelines).   This process can dake from 24 to 48 hours usually. 

But given that there is an entity between the product and the customers (Apple), it really is up to Arlo/Netgear to make sure the software they are rolling out is solid.  It clearly wasn't and they clearly dropped the ball badly.

Collywog1
Star
Star
Yes for me my main problem was the push notifications.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Agreed, 2.50 is a mess! But...my problem started a few weeks ago, when was this update? 

I also noticed after starting all over again, when I made my rule, there's a duplication. I did not duplicate the rule, it automatically does it when I make it. Maybe that's confusing the app and notifications? I've never seen that before. 

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

If you go to settings->about in your app it shows that 2.5.0 was released on 5/4.

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

I haven't been receiving push notifications or videos since early last week. I don't have an exact date/time, but I guess I could reference my base station hard drive for a specific time. However, from what I'm reading, it appears the May 14th firmware update broke the schedule/push notification options.

I manually ARMED (changed from SCHEDULED) the system tonight and so far have been receiving push notifications and videos. Time will tell if this temporarily fixed it for me.

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks! Yep that's the culprit for sure...the timing is perfect.

@waynebaron wrote:

If you go to settings->about in your app it shows that 2.5.0 was released on 5/4.

TerryTT
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system seems only to be workin 50% of the time since about 2 weeks ago.
I’ve changed battieries, resynced all the cameras,, rebooted the system, etc.
It does not send me notifications most of the time now but will sometimes still record.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

You are not alone, this has been an issue since their last software update, hang in there. I've also done all of those steps, it's something they are working on and we can't do a thing about it until they don't thet fix.

Roccote57
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the trouble shooting advice Chevymama. I am trying this tomorrow.(22:00 time to sleep)

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Can anyone confirm please if this update causes issues related to motion being picked up and no at all randomly, getting push notifications yet at times with no email or video?  It picked up a cat walk on wall this morning, but ignored me walking down path way and driving away my car.  While car was gone it picked up a person walking by the drive way out of my set zones.  I come back it picks up my car coming back into drive, it picks me up getting out of car, it picks me up testing it by walking out my door to my car just as I did ealier when it failed to pick me up.  

This is even after doing what support suggested.  Reinstall the whole thing from scratch, whipe out the box, and cameras and re sync the lot.

If this is not related to this update then this is going to post office today.

Thanks, Dan

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

RE: my last reply, dont worry, Im sending this system back, have had enough now.  I rang tech support and aside from this recent issue they have a know bug with the Activity zones they have been working on for last 2 months with no eta.  Basicly it will be random, it will detect within the zone, then it wont, then it detects outside the zone, basicly usless.

Good luck everyone, hope you get your solutions soon.

Dan