Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Matthias022
Aspirant
Aspirant
We I try on the mobile network. I get to the arlo website but when I Login and try to view my cameras this is the error that I receive.. Verizon Network..
“Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” That’s to alro website to view the cameras..
Disapointed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,   Hard to believe that this is going on...  Set everything up...it worked fine...then the next day it said "firmware upgrade".  We were silly enough to trust you to test this but you didn't.  Now the system is not working...resets only wasted time...we've paid already...and today we've arrived in Europe and can't see our house in Florida, or try anything to fix it.  We put the 4 cameras back inside.

Shameful really.  If I wasn't a computer person myself, I might take pity on you, but you are clearly just spending the money over there.  Since any code that you care about should be tested thoroughly, it is sad that you all have failed like this, and upset so many (hard to find, easy to lose) loyal customers.

Best news ever for your competition though (are they hacking you...?)...and you could not be harming yourselves any more if you tried.  We will be sending your sorry stuff back at the next chance...unless you can fix this like an adult.  Class action sounds good, but you have probably moved the money to Malta already...or put gas in your bosses' airplane(s).  Nice.

It would be justice if you were suffering approprately, but given the lack of an answer after this long...you are probably at the golf course...  Life is great without a care.  Have fun in Chapter 11.

LunarFull
Star
Star

The good news? I don't need to log in.

HOWEVER, All 4 cameras are "getting status" for the past 4+ hours.

Base camera light still amber.

At 5pm I will have not seen a recording or live camera shot for at least the last 48 hrs.

Aside from the cameras "getting status", the base is "offline".

The internet is up and running, the X BOX is running great, the thing that SUCKS is still the ARLO APP.

My WIFI? (Thats all I want to use) thru SPECTRUM/NETGEAR.

TBC.

ANDY.

2003cobra
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works on WiFi if you choose “new to arlo” on the failed login screen.... then choose done after you select that... usually goes to my videos then... try it.
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does anyone that is in the tech industry know about technology specific lawyers? I'm done with this bs. I just want my money back and to move on from arlo/netgear products. After days and weeks and now months of problems I'm over it.

Netgear should be ashamed but it's 2018 and there is never honor among thieves. For who ever said they contacted thrir local media outlet about this send them the screen shots of people just trying to protect their family. Their autistic child. An elderly relative, their kids from an abusive spouse or protect their biggest investment - their home. 

Netgear is scum. 

Mre1203
Initiate
Initiate
I still can’t use my app. When I go to the website and login then go to cameras it tells me the address is not valid? I cannot see my cameras and it is frustrating. I turned off WiFi so it isn’t that. I click on the app and it starts then disappears?? I have reloaded the app several times. Rebooted my phone. Nothing. Please help
LunarFull
Star
Star

Thanks for the login failure screen info, I enter the app and it takes me straight to cameras that NOW SAY after several hours of "getting status" the appears to be offline message, not the amber strip uptop but across the camera shot. 

TBC (either way)

Andy.

p.s. it`s time for DODGER baseball

Jdizzzzzo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Able to login. Cameras are offline. Camera light on base is orange. How do i fix this?
jeepers8327
Guide
Guide
What’s going on??? No updates today?! Are you even trying???
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return it to where you purchased it. If not possible chalk it up to a hard life lesson and go get a system that works and has real customer service staff that can guide you if you need help. 1100 something messages here and someone from netgear/arlo chimed in three, four times? And never with a resolution or a "hey, we dropped the ball" Pathetic. 

LunarFull
Star
Star

Samething here , there is NOTHING we can do but wait for an OFFICIAL report from ?....

Or will it return ALL OF A SUDDEN???!!!!!!

54hrs now and counting,

Andy.

goranb
Tutor
Tutor
I'm replying to myself ...

Dear Goran, our software is **bleep** and we know it. We got paid and you got played, please keep buying Netgear and we'll keep our end of the bargain (wink wink nudge nudge) ... ta ta sucker.

I think I summarized it aptly.
Goran
Billy_38
Aspirant
Aspirant

Access and login was restored yesterday and all seems to be ok at the moment. I am unable to advise why because I also had an internet outage a few hours later that I couldn't recover. I reported the outage issue to the ISP (TPG Australia) and they had to escalate it to a service technician. A few hours later I had service restored and was also able to login to ARLO.

This is the first issue I've had with Arlo in 2 years so I hope they can resolve it for everyone before it becomes someones security issue. 

Patrick7C
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app will not open on iPhone X. Crashes during launch. Uninstalled /reinstalled several times. Tried Wi-Fi and cellular.

Will not connect on iPhone 8 on Wi-Fi. Have to use cellular to log in.

Seems to work fine on iPad Pro. Connected to same Wi-Fi.

AT&T and Spectrum internet.
Dtbailes
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are having trouble connecting to our cameras It is saying we are off line and not connected to the intranet. I have google fiber.
Moemoe611
Aspirant
Aspirant
In app says “getting status” the entire time. It hasn’t moved since yesterday saying this anyone else have this issue? No videos in library either! Help!!!
Terry-in-Texas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had one of two do the same to me when login restored. Had to re-sync the off-line camera.
XUEYINGKUANG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I can log in to my app but my cameras are not working.  There is an error message saying:

Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet."

I have already changed my password for the security measures.  My internet works fine but I think there is a problem with Arlo. I have Verizon internet and my phone is iPhoneX. Please let me know how I can fix this issue. Thanks!
Cycle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pink/red pictures. The camera is a distance away and don't have the option of opening and closing the battery door. What other option do we have. Arlo provides no assistance. Their chat line never works. Let's take the company over!

cvargas
Aspirant
Aspirant
What the status in the current issues? it’s getting really ridiculous that I can’t access the app...
Dmiu
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked flawlessly for a year, then couldn’t log in for a day. Then it worked for a day. Now it complains the base station is offline. Really frustrating.
But my Arlo Q cams are working since they do not need the base.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Can not login. App goes crazy on my phone. Service provider is Rogers.
Lokobous
Guide
Guide
How to post a question? The "ask a question button" doesn't work. Some sort of a joke Netgear? My app is back. Now getting message "your camera appears offline. Make sure it is on and connected to the internet. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Matthias022
Aspirant
Aspirant
The application is not stable when I try click on its shut down immediately..
This has been on a cellular network Verizon or WiFi with different ISP.. Spectrum, & summit broadband..
So there something else going on..
volvogirl
Tutor
Tutor

I don't have this specific problem but I can't seem to post a new question.  I can't log in from Chrome at all.  Just stays on the Log in screen.  Been looking around at Flash info and tabs and allowing but no go.  So I'm using IE.  I got logged in to my account and cameras but I can't start a new question on either Chrome or IE.  I'm using WIndows 8.1.