Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
SoggyChris
Tutor
Tutor
My error is “cannot login due to internet connectivity error” when using my home WiFi on the Arlo app. WiFi is through Mediacom.
I can login perfectly from home or away with my Sprint cellular data.

IOS
Trcy
Aspirant
Aspirant
We've had problems logging in for about 20 something hours
it's almost 5pm Pacific time .We have wifi with Verizon... another interesting issue is the inside cameras are turned off cuz we're here and not using them but at night time you see the infrared lights triggers we walk by it doesn't record but it still waste the battery even though they are offline.. this only started about a week and a half ago .why?
Kittyhez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not been able to access my app on my phone. It says I don’t have internet but I do. I restarted my iPhone and it still won’t work.
Kpjan99
Initiate
Initiate
I continue to have issue loginin into my app. I have Verizon Wireless and Spectrum WIFI.
tj1209
Guide
Guide
I've noticed that also, wondering who is watching....
bbutler1241
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am able to login when not connected to wifi, but once connected having issues on both my Samsung S8 and iPhone 7. ISP is Spectrum. Can open other apps without issues.
Bng2014
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still unable to login to the app. I'm getting the same message as reported. Earlier I was on the computer and it was hit or miss but no access at all on my smartphone. Verizon wireless with Galaxy s8. I receive the occasional push notification from a camera but I can't see anything if I try to view it. Hope this gets resolved soon... It's very frustrating!
Shantrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t login and have no access to my cameras at all. I have iOS and Verizon is my provider. I can’t login on your webpage either. I can do everything else. I don’t get it. My internet provider is bright house.
Toolfreak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not been able to login in to Arlo all day long, either by Android device on ATT or even chromebook on Spectrum wifi.

Toolfreak

Needmorecoffee
Tutor
Tutor
Your statement that it only effects "some of your users" is causing my in box to blow-up with others having this issue. Working in software development I know that sometimes there are issues, but you have to respond to your user base. Let them know that there is someone working on the issue will give you more leeway that silence.
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have spectrum(time-warner) internet and Sprint phone. It works on the sprint phone only when I shut off the wifi. I called tech support and it seems like the tech guy wanted to talk about anything but the internet problem. He said they are working to resolve the problem. "When do you think it will be done ?" I asked. He would not give me an answer. BTW wait time for that call was 45 minutes.

Shantrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wait. My internet provider is spectrum!
Kdavid
Star
Star

Forgot to mention regarding my communication with Google Fiber that from what I described and how some people in the Arlo community are finding their way around the problem is that it sounds like the issue is related to the last security or malware update by Netgear, that it's not compatible with some internet providers software (?). Supposedly an issue that is not that uncommon and that they are likely scrambling to fix the problems (I assume that's why there's been no word from Arlo... or perhaps they're just trying to locate their techs at the beach).

Mommy1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still cant log in and use my cameras! Whats the status of the issue being resolved? Seems like every time there is a update there is a issue.
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I really don't think they value their customers, they are too scared to give an answer.

Localnrg324
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s 1700 and still can’t log in from 24 hrs ago.
Using Spectrum and IOS 6S phone app.
mikeksr51
Aspirant
Aspirant
Login in issues all day today...each time it says try again later. I have a Motorola Droid phone and my provider is T-Mobile.
Laylarath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having the issue on Android (Galaxy 9) on wifi coming from Spectrum, works on Verizon wireless data
GusSherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

DFW Area - Texas - Spectrum:  Unable to log in on pc or iphone with wfii.

Turn wifi off and use AT&T Mobile network - and I can log in.

ch4rley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this system about 10-14 days so far, and believe me I did not invest a considerable amount of money and my time in a home cam security system only to be told by the manufacturer for going on 3 days now that it's dead in the water because of their "internet connectivity issues." One more day of this amateur hour #$@p and I'm taking it all down, shoving it back in the box and returning it to Costco.

Kevino2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot login to my Arlo system and I'm about to wrap it around a tree. Please help
Mommy1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too. Have a Android with Spectrum.
Oldsaltme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problems. Cannot log in to web via computer or andrios cell phone or Apple iPad. Tech support suggested removing App and then re-install, then he or she dropped the Chat.

ArlouserFL
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have the same issue too! Did all the reboots, won’t work unless going off WIFI. However WIFI is working with all other devices! Hope they get it fixed soon!
BethPetty
Initiate
Initiate
I'm not able to log in, get error message about connectivity