Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
amberm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Appnot working. Message says "unavailable".
Wi-fi: Verizon
Phone: Android
DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

System is down again.

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Able to log in via phone app 4G and an open Wifi connection.

I cannot log in with my own Netgear R-7900P.

Aspirant
Aspirant
This issue continues, I'm unable to login with my app, carrier is sprint. Fortunately I can use my computer, the downside is I cannot keep an eye on my kids while out the house something needs to be done ASAP
JuliaZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates from you? I'm in LA too and my Arlo baby has been stupid inconsistent
Kigga804
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung S8+ on verizon which works fine. On Spectrum Wifi, I'm still getting the error....how is it that you guys havent even addressed the situation or even attempted to update customers??
DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

This is most definitely a DNS issue. I used googles public DNS and I am able to use my PC to log into 

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Kdavid
Star
Star

I just spoke with a representative from my service provider, Google Fiber (I'm based in Central Texas). She reached out to their tech groups who stated that they have not received any information from Netgear regarding problems. The last information Google Fiber received was on May 24 regarding Netgear's VPN Malware Update. They're not aware of any other issues at this time. They did reccomend that Arlo customers who are having this problem reach out to their providers and let them know. If they start hearing from their customers regarding a problem then they will reach out to Netgear which hopefully (maybe) help speed up the resolution of the issue.

I was also told that the recommendations from the more tech savvy Arlo community can work as ways to get around the problem for now but will not fix it. Good luck all y'all!. And for those of you with Google Fiber, start calling!

🙂

Vero95
Aspirant
Aspirant
Won’t work off of Timer warner wifi, but it does through sprint network.
tonim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spectrum internet, microsoft edge or google chome, verizon wireless on IOS Apple I phone

Fy27
Star
Star

It's been over 24 hrs and I still can't access Arlo while on wifi.  ISP is Spectrum and cell provider is AT&T using Android.  Only way to log in is using cell data.  I'm debating if I should call Tech support and rip them another one, in addition to the riot act I gave them for the battery drain issue yesterday.  

Rocnrus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Verizon cell phone and Spectrum internet. 

A few days ago both our phones started a white flash flickering screen and would not load. We deleted the app and reinstalled it and it worked fine. A day or two later we got the important change password. We changed it. Yesterday we were not able to sign in with either the old or new password. I sent forgot password 3 or 4 times yesterday and I never got a reset link to my email. Today when I did forgot password I did get the email and was able to reset it. We are now able to log on and view our pictures on the computer. Today again I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. My husband hears the alerts on his phone that the camera captured something but he can not sign in to see what it is. I am not able to sign in on my phone yet either. We both get Arlo unavailable. Regarding computer yesterday I got different messages: Page not found, You are not connected to the internet, but I was or I got wrong password.  Regarding disconnecting phone from WiFi to use Arlo: We are lucky if we get one bar there isn't a cell tower near us for anything but textng. My daugher in another town has the same service provider for phone and internet service. She only lost her Arlo service for a short time yesterday. This evening when we get to an area when we have cell we will test our phones. 

richard888
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called the support and they said they're working on it, not sure when it can be done. phone nor PC wifi are Not okay. But mobile data is okay to assess, but the motion detect all are not working. 

Terranj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has been having the same issue, really annoying....If i switch to LTE to burn my data, it works fine. But as soon as i turn on Wifi, it give the error message again.....Hate to burn my data to check on the record video.  Will Arlo refund our data usage? lol

Terranj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has been having the same issue, really annoying....If i switch to LTE to burn my data, it works fine. But as soon as i turn on Wifi, it give the error message again.....Hate to burn my data to check on the record video.  Will Arlo refund our data usage? lol

MALTR
Aspirant
Aspirant
In Palm Harbor Florida, WOW wifi and Verizon cell using iPhone 6. Getting the "sorry, internet connectivity issue" since last night. App works on 4G. Hopefully a solution soon.
Lrexx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to connect issue. Either via WiFi or cellular. We’ve got multiple devices from different family members.
WiFi Service provider: spectrum
Cellular carrier: Verizon
service provider: iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7. All on latest iOS.
Bradrandall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Statesville NC. Verizon wireless phone and spectrum ISP
rpeine
Tutor
Tutor

Found a short term fix. 

I'm using a VPN service and selected to pull from the US.  So after getting a new IP from it, both my app and my computer work in getting in.  I use NordVPN. 

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have unplugged power to both my modem & router for over 10mins and uplugged power to my arlo base station and it DID NOT FIX the login in issue with my home wifi or lan connection--only my celluar service thur at&t allows me to login into my app..
Buphettphan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me

Paulcochiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

On computer it is slow and can't have live view.
On my mobile device, I can't even log in but got this message "we are sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
This has happened since 27/5 and still unresolved this morning 29/5 Australian ET.

fancubed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, this works (referring to the post from Zerauskire)

Following your advice, I used https://ipinfo.info/html/ip_checker.php to find the IP address of arlo.netgear.com, and use that number in the URL, then things start working.  Is this a right and safe way to work around the problem?

shopsmu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spectrum, unable to login from Win10, Win7, Android kit-kat, or iOS 11.3 devices.  Arlo is brand new, out of the box, latest firmware on base station and cameras.  Worked fine for ~36hrs before the outage started last evening.

AGCM
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use Spectrum as my ISP, with my own Wi-Fi router.
dd5087
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still cannot connect to my Arlo using my WiFi.  I can access it via my cellular network.  My ISP is Spectrum. I have power cycled the Base Station and my Internet Router to no avail.  I am receiving the following message.

Sorry, we are having signing you in because of Internet Connectivity issues.