Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
ekme
Aspirant
Aspirant
My WiFi provider is Spectrum, iOS device will not log on.
Cadoge
Guide
Guide

@gekirkp wrote:

Is the Arlo site down?

For the last couple of days the apps and link to the website will not connect through many internet services.  Seems to work if you use your data plan on your phone and connect thrrrrugh your cell service.  Customer service and fix really sucks.

Kdavid
Star
Star
Purchased Arlo security system because I’m a total non-techie and have zero extra time to become one..
I purchased a Nest system for my parents which has proven to be much faster to connect with zero interruptions (and their wifi is terrible). Will throw out Arlo and purchase Nest before having to spend any more of my time on this.
Dltynes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to login to Arlo to connect to my cameras for 2 days. When will it be fixed and will I be notified when problem is fixed. this is a very serious problem. 

Concerned user

Rwwillrace1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum is our provider
cpeters
Star
Star

Well that victory was short lived, now its not working again, 

was only working from 3:30 to 3:45 PDT in San Diego, now its not working again, same BS

Cadoge
Guide
Guide

@LindaKa wrote:

I can log into the mobile app via a data connection but as soon as I turn on the wifi on my cell phone and try to connect to the app i get the following error " We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try agin later."

I rebooted the Arlo base, and my ISP router but I still recive the same error.

Anyt thoughts?

Has been a problem for the last two days or so.  They say they are "working on it" but no clue if or when it will be solved.  Really burns through data if it won't connect on the internet.  Lack of updates as to when (or if) they can fix it really sucks.

Ndyw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed the DNS in router to public DNS server it’s working now. It appears there is some compatibility issue with ISP’s dns service. I am using google fiber Kansas City.
Brush14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to login to server. Been having the issue for the last 24 hours.

Tried with Apple Pro Ipad, Apple Phone 8 and MacBook Pro

Using Cellular via Verizon, Wifi via spectrum 

Djwp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still happening,,,   iOS,,,,,Xfinity Comcast!!!please fix ASAP.   

Wuff
Guide
Guide

The recordings appear for a while and then disppear again.  Been going on since 5/13.

Battman
Tutor
Tutor
Same as everyone else. Can’t login on WiFi but works on Verizon cellular. Started last night when I installed this brand new system. iPhone X. Spectrum internet in Newport Bch CA
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No one should mess with their routers if they are not knowledgeable about what they are doing. Those who do understand what the DNS server does and who also understand what a verified and reputable open DNS server is, and do understand the option controls on their router can do a workaround for the Spectrum DNS server problem if they so choose. No one is advocating that people who are not literate in changing router settings plunge in. When Arlo and Spectrum finally shake hands again, if they want to go back to having their ISP provide the DNS server that is their choice. If you do not know what you are doing, then don't. Those who do understand, this is a temporary fix for the problem of the Spectrum DNS server being unable to resolve the Arlo Camera URL. 

jceloria
Tutor
Tutor
Switching back to Spectrum's DNS servers after having used OpenDNS seems to be working for me now.
Ryan20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Blondechaos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the exact same issue with my iPhone 8 app. No internet connection problem exist??
FuRiLA
Tutor
Tutor
People are flooding this forum and customer service, not realizing this is a global issue affecting a wide range of router manufacturers. The DNS fix is just a bandaid fix:
F.B.I.’s Urgent Request: Reboot Your Router to Stop Russia-Linked Malware - The New York Times
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/technology/router-fbi-reboot-malware.html
ELopez123
Initiate
Initiate
Android 8.0.0 Samsung Note 8. Wifi is through Spectrum 100mbs still not working
Cadoge
Guide
Guide

"If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread."

Does not work on wifi (Time-Warner/Spectrum).

Does work on cellular (Verizon)

Ryan20
Aspirant
Aspirant
The message saying that I couldn’t log in started yesterday and is still happening. I use the iPhone app. 4 cameras and the base station. What’s strange is that if I turn on my VPN app on my phone the Arlo app works fine.
If you have a VPN, use it. I use NordVPN.
SoundEar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the message on my iphone app on an iPhone X and on my iMac with the website.  It says "Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.  Do you want to try again?  If you say yes it just comes right back and asks again no goes to logon screen.  Also if I try to go to https://arlo.netgear.com I get the message that safari can't open the page because it can't fing the server.  I am on Spectrum in Desert Hot Springs, CA

diademz
Guide
Guide

i am still getting the "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues", my ISP is consolidated communications katy texas,ios 11.3.1, works using cellular but not on my wifi or with firefox on windows 10

Domain Name Server 72.22.1.5
WJT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Yesterday I had no problem logging into the ARLO app while on wifi.  Today, has been a total no go. The only way it allows me to log on is if I switch off wifi all together.  It worked fine on wifi yesterday so why the change?  Come on ARLO!!!  I just bought your system and spent good money on it.  Please have one of you techs advise.

CobraKing
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have Time Warner for our internet and using Android phone.
klyn1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app is still not working due to connectivity error