Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Chadcaton
Aspirant
Aspirant
South Carolina. Server is down too
jceloria
Tutor
Tutor
A bit unfair to say it's your ISP's DNS and not Netgear @MikeDaCajun. Why was the IP of the load balancer changed to begin with? Doesn't seem like a very solid infrastructure for such a premium price. Plus, <sarcasm>it's awesome troubleshooting on a holiday so Netgear doesn't have to.</sarcasm>
dclairmont
Aspirant
Aspirant
That actually worked. For some strange reason the arlo app and arlo website camera feed isn't communicating with ISPs wifi signals. I switched to my mobile data(T-Mobile) and I am able to see recordings as usually with no issues. Hope Arlo fixes this issue soon.
GWhit19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I turned off my WI-FI on my LG Android phone and Arlo now works.  But I still cannot access the arlo.netgear site on my MacBook laptop.

Andy2dig
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not login in to the app anymore, it keeps saying something is wrong with my internet connectivity but when I check my WiFi everything is fine. I have tried to reset the base station, and the WiFi to try to resolve the issue but nope hope. I have tried to reset the password and it says my email that I used to register with does not exist. Before all of this happened I received a message that I need to immediately change my password which I did not. Any help would be appreciated.
JSWNY
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been over tow days and still no update to a resolution to this issue.  Check you change log and rollback the softwarew upddates you made.  This isn't hard or do you just not care about your customers?

When are you going to start issuing refunds!!!!

Wuff
Guide
Guide

If by "log-in issue" you mean the ability to see recordings, then I'm wondering if your situation will last.  My recordings come back in the morning for an hour or so and then disappear usually for the rest of the day.  This has been going on since the 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 Arlo app updates. This does not happen on an older iPad I use that has the 2.4.9 version app.

tunisiapm
Aspirant
Aspirant

can't log in, internet connectivity issue, use google fiber/eero

Holl2445
Star
Star
Sorry but I am not a programmer and.did not pay to have to change my dns to a free one. Just fix the thing
Vincentb4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot log in. Internet connectivity issues is what pops up when trying to load the app.
MikeDaCajun
Guide
Guide

@jceloria wrote:
A bit unfair to say it's your ISP's DNS and not Netgear @MikeDaCajun. Why was the IP of the load balancer changed to begin with? Doesn't seem like a very solid infrastructure for such a premium price. Plus, <sarcasm>it's awesome troubleshooting on a holiday so Netgear doesn't have to.</sarcasm>

Tha tis true to a certain extent jceloria,  but the Domain Name Server's(DNS) job is to connect the dots when you type in a web adddress. Obviously, some DNS servers are not making the correct connection so to say.  I should guess that Arlo will figure this out at some point and contact the correct ISP's to have it corrected!

cpeters
Star
Star

Mine just started working again, at 3:30 pm, Pacific Time, in San DIego

Vvvlllooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this been resolved?  We still have issues.

jag518
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Message states internet problem but my internet is fine. Provider-Spectrum, Cleveland.
Bobq650
Guide
Guide
My cameras still don't work.
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

So some random person online is telling me to change settings in my router after a guy earlier posted a link about routers being hacked??? Uh yeah, that's a hard pass from me. 

A) I don't know if those changes will change other things I have hooked to my internet

B) sounds like a great way to have an ID thief get ones data as if that isn't a big enough issue

So yeah, it's netgear's issue to fix. Not me poking around some random settings hoping to fix their issues. 

Lisaaries01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same message Can't login, spectrum and Android are my providers
Acerunee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started getting "We're sorry.... message couple days ago, same problem on 2 android phones and an android tablet. I'm in Tampa FL.  I'm using Spectrum cable internet service.

jsaito72
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't login through the app OR the website. App tells me "We're sorry. Arlo is currently unavailable." I can actually login to the website, but can't view the cameras or access their settings.

UPDATE: I turned WiFi off on my phone and I can now login to the app using cellular data
Srfrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. My android device is a Samsung galaxy s7 edge is at&t. I am in vaca but my home isp is WOW. I have the arlo system is a year old non two way.
Vincentb4
Aspirant
Aspirant
IOS with Verizon Wireless....internet connectivity issue is the message that pops up when trying to open the app. My base station now has only two green lights.
GVharley
Initiate
Initiate
We have an arlo baby and cant login. The internet provider is spectrum. Doesn't matter if we try to access on apple, anderoid or amazon products.
cpeters
Star
Star

Mine just started working again, at 3:30 pm, Pacific Time, in San DIego

Verizon wireless, on Iphone IOS, with Time Warner ISP

LindaKa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can log into the mobile app via a data connection but as soon as I turn on the wifi on my cell phone and try to connect to the app i get the following error " We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try agin later."

I rebooted the Arlo base, and my ISP router but I still recive the same error.

Anyt thoughts?

cpeters
Star
Star

Seriously, don't mess with your router, especially with some random person's instructions