Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
GWhit19
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.  Spectrum for Internet provider in Central Florida

2.  AT&T for cell phone provider

3.  Cell phone is LG android

4.  Laptop is MacBook Air with High Sierra 10.13.5

5. Was able to access Arlo account through laptop once in a while.  Cameras are armed and did detect motion.  Was able to access Arlo account through laptop but that was limited.   Can't access it now.

Yarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
On Spectrum WiFi I get error messages and can’t access the app or online site via iOS or computer. On cellular it’s fine. Additionally, when the App does work, one of my cameras on a Pro base station says “this arlo device is offline” via App even though it records and I can see it on a computer - Cameras on a regular base station are fine.
D50199180
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine still says “Internet connectivity issues.” It’s been like this for a whole day. Anyone have answers?!
jennylou_82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android app not working. My cameras are connected via Wi-Fi with Spectrum and my cell service is with Verizon but been using the Wi-Fi since yesterday when it quit working.
3lilpaynes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Internet provider is Spectrum, located in central Florida.

Using mobile apps on three devices; 1 Apple iPhone, 1 Samsung galaxy, and 1 android tablet. None of the apps are taking log in credentials or recognizing registered emails.
Emilies2005
Tutor
Tutor
Spectrum, Ohio. On Android phone and Mac Laptop
hanzhu1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue stil exists, please fix it ASAP.

Mac1diot
Aspirant
Aspirant
Getting the errors with my iPhone with 11.3.1 using spectrum internet over WiFi. I have a sprint phone and it works over sprint.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

has arlo resolved the log in problems?

bennyinthejet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can not log in to my Arlo Q for a few hours already. My internet service provider is Spectrum Southern Ca. 

muzelac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm able to login to Arlo on my Andoid Samsung phone on my Sprint cell phone. I'm not able to login into the same account using the same phone or Samsung tablet using a Wi-Fi connection thru my frontier account. Both attempts are from my home near Redding CA. The Wi-Fi account works fine with all devices and logins except Arlo.

MockFamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update please.  I'm about to return my new Pro 2 devices if unresolved or no updates.

Billpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

We continue to have connectivity issues. We are using Spectrum as our internet provider in Anahiem Ca.

Kdavid
Star
Star

Iphone X, Macbook Pro- MacOS Sierra, Google Fiber as internet provider (Central Texas), AT&T for cellular. Tried arlo.netgear website on both laptop and phone (using cellular and wifi), tried updating app, tried typing in password, tried logging in with Face ID, tried resetting base station and router. Still getting "internet connectivity issues" or "cannot connect to server". No problems accessing any other websites or apps.

MockFamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spectrum, wifi, Verizon mobile. 

jennylou_82
Aspirant
Aspirant
After reading some of the replies, I noticed I'm in the same boat. My Android app appears not to work when connected to the Spectrum wifi but works fine when I disconnect wifi from phone and use my Verizon data.
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
Deleted app and re-loaded it and it logged on. But it does not show library or let you go live on cameras. This is on spectrum WiFi.
Ejroad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spectrum, AT&T, iOS when ng to LTE No issue.

i am getting an error: Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues. Do you want to try again.

Donnaram
Tutor
Tutor
After being advised to change my password I keep being prompted for my password on the app. iPhone . Clearly this hasn’t been resolved.. my granted user is also unable to log in now. Very annoying and worrying
tderussy
Initiate
Initiate

Still seeing.....We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" . It's been over 24 hours!!!

Please fix this problem.

Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
WiFi- spectrum- doesn’t work
Carrier: Verizon - works

iOS
TLR71
Guide
Guide
dobbsy6985
Aspirant
Aspirant
The attachment is a screenshot of the issue I’m getting. I only get it when connected to WiFi via Spectrum.
tderussy
Initiate
Initiate

Spectrum is my home pc ip. ATT is my galaxy s7 provider.

Tchforlang
Aspirant
Aspirant

5/28/18 1:54 pm Pacific - I am unable to login to my ARLO Home security system.  I know that the cameras are working because I continue to receive notifications, but I am unable to access my account to check on who has entered my cameras' field of vision. I have no control at all. Everything was working well until last night (5/27/18). 

I have the ARLO VMB4000 base station.