Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

ATTN: PEOPLE JUST NOW FIGURING OUT THIS SYSTEM IS GARBAGE 

We know it works for some with data. Mine doesn't, quit even doing that hours ago. But for most that works. That is NOT A FIX. Most don't have unlimited data to leave their phone streaming arlo all damn day.

No one from arlo is reading this. I finally got a tech support guy to admit in broken English after a 50 min hold that netgear is closed today for the holiday. They will work on getting the issue fixed *maybe* yes the guy said maybe tomorrow. 

For those within your return window this is all you have to look forward to. If it was me I'd return it now because the issues don't go away. They just change from month to month. 

Ar786
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have read the latest notice about users encountering internet connectivity problems and app not remembering passwords.  

Please fix ASAP.  I rely on these cameras (Arlo Pro) to deal with a stalker. I also need the footage and use the apps on both iPhone and iPadAir.

This outage is deeply concerning to some of us and not just an inconvenience.  

Thx.  

FuRiLA
Tutor
Tutor

Likely related to the malware attack -- see link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/technology/router-fbi-reboot-malware.html

MelissaG12345
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! We had no recordings on either of our cameras last night from about 10p to 9a this morning. There should have been as there was activity. We understood the Arlo site was down, but also thought the activity should have been recorded. Can anyone explain? Thanks!
Michael67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates? I still cannot connect. It states “we can not log you in because of internet connectivity issues”.
bron
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not a modem issue it is an ARLO issue, everything has worked fine for a year and now I have the same issue as others.  ARLO help!

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Ha ha ha they're closed! Must be memorial day in India. It only takes one person to start a class action maybe then they might "stay open"
Lokobous
Guide
Guide
I think you're right. FBI tech recommended restarting routers. Looks like a huge hack. Reset your passwords
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, a DNS problem isn't a Netgear one - it's your ISP's. I strongly recommend NOT using the ISP's DNS servers but set your router to use the Google or OpenDNS ones.

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
LMAO you sound like me I have a buy in for hmny at 10 cents! Buy low cuz it could go lower
Ag1234
Guide
Guide
Arlo management posted that since 11 Eastern time the problem has been corrected. Arlo my system is still the same way and the problem is not fixed. As I said you have a great product but issues and trouble shooting on your end needs much to be desired. Please rectify and have the issue fixed as this was a wi-if connected device and not a LTE Device. Right now you are not providing the service and product that I bought
hirogreen
Guide
Guide

Still unable to log in using Wifi & Android on my tablet. Also unable to access Arlo website.

esemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this trouble too and just received an alert of my camera .... when will this be fixed???

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Charter cable (no data at my home) Sprint HTCBolt phone Android
Bownse
Guide
Guide

Locked out of the service as of yesterday (5/27/18 @ noon) and remain locked out today 5/28/18 @ 2:50 pm).

Server/internet not available.

If I wait long enough and try enough times, I can get in but response times are slow and event history times out.

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
My Arlo app is back. now to climb up a ladder to resync other cameras. FUN!
DubYa89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum, iPhone 7
Emilies2005
Tutor
Tutor
About 80% of the time, I cannot login. System has been unavailable all day. I cannot control my cameras. Very frusterating
Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Nope my app just crashed again. Same message. Arlo unavailable.
GL7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still unable to sign in. We have Spectrum cable/internet
user2656
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is the app continuing to not allow me to login while on WiFi???? Same message as before, Internet connectivity issue. But it will allow me to login when I turn WiFi off.
Arlo, please get it together! Since the last update, I’ve had nothing but problems. This is ridiculous!
Sskrb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Error message is “we are having trouble signing you in because of Internet connectivity issues”.  Can open only with cellular. Cellular provider is AT&T wireless. Internet is through Spectrum (was Time Warner).

Likeslite
Aspirant
Aspirant

My WiFi is through Spectrum.  I cant log in when utilizing my home WiFi, but if I use my cell provider I can log in...