Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
mykc
Initiate
Initiate

Unable to log in since last night. It does not recognise my email address on android phone and at the top it states connectivity issues. Please fix this. I am able to access through my computer but that is not helpful, I need it to work on my phone.

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still not working and have been on hold for 45 minutes

ABBean
Star
Star

You can shut the cameras off from your phone individually or shut them all down completely. On your phone go to MODE and you will see ARMED  and DISARMED. Choose  DISARMED and you cut off all of your cameras and to turn them back on, choose ARMED and this will turn all of them back on.  If you want to turn a particular camera off, press DEVICE, find the camera you want to turn off and press the icon for SETTINGS (looks like a wheel). Once that menu pops up you will see the icon to turn that particular camera off towards the top. Press that icon and when it goes from green to grey, that camera is off.  To turn it back on, just go in revrse order.

pamt
Aspirant
Aspirant

And not working again

MeToe
Star
Star

@mykc - have you tried using data & shutting the wifi off on your phone? that seems to be the only fix for us at the moment.

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Can't log into app sorry Arlo not currently available. Was back in for a minute then same message. Seems like ongoing issue for years awesome!
mykc
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you. Turning off Wifi did work.

Holl2445
Star
Star
Resetting router doesn’t work. Service goes in and out , most reliable thing is turn WiFi off on your phone for now to view cameras should we send arlo the bill for extra data usage
Lokobous
Guide
Guide
No I lost my library too!
Djwp
Aspirant
Aspirant

What a waste of money,,problem and more problems , not only I cannot connect to Internet? Even though everything else in household is up and running great,I cannot charge 2 of the 4 cameras,time to switch to different security system that is hard wired. Arlo has to may problems going on. It is a joke,,what good is it if you cannot log in and the batteries won't charge🤡

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Yes! I was on hold. Just put a message. Known outage!!! Regrets
Sha517
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having issue with app. Arlo is currently unavailable.....
When will this be fixed?????
Rpope
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checked mine and it is working now.
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

If this is not fixed today my Arlo will be going back to Best Buy tomorrow. I really don't think you care. No one has said if and when this will be fixed.

ABBean
Star
Star

I think their ASS's GOT  HACKED. ARLO IS NOT GOING TO ADMIT IT EITHER. THINK ABOUT IT, THEY PUT OUT AN EMAIL LETTING EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT "SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY"  AND DAMN NEAR THE SAME DAY OR THE NEXT DAY THEY HAD PROBLEMS AND PEOPLE COULD NOT LOG IN.  ALL THIS BS ABOUT PROBLEMS BEING RESOLVED IS A LOAD OF CRAP AND THEY KNOW IT.  THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL.  I BEEN WORKING ON A REPORT FOR THE BBB AND CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY. I HOPE SOMEONE ON HERE NOTIFIES THE MEDIA AND TELL THEM SO THEY CAN SEE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Lokobous
Guide
Guide
We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later. 3:00 est so still ongoing 3 days for me. Unacceptable. Anyone want to buy a month old system signed regets
harriet1606
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in Tampa Fl and it is 3:05 PM and we cannot login in, we also get the same message
Anthoering
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me as well.  I have a Nighthawk router providing my Wi-Fi.

Andres202
Guide
Guide
I've been playing with the app by turning on and off the wifi. Software issues make sense that it only works with wifi turned off.
I turned off my WIFI and changed my password just in case. Other than wifi being turned off, my cameras work fine.
TLR71
Guide
Guide
I may be interested in buying your cameras, but you’re not going to be very happy with the price. Today, with nothing working, is a buyer’s market., and I’d be taking the risk that they can return the system to operational.
AlDavis
Guide
Guide

It's almost like someone wiped the Arlo server - like with a cloth or something.

mkirk76
Tutor
Tutor
What’s going on? I haven’t been able to log in to the app for almost 24 hours now. Unacceptable.
agent58
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this system less then a week and I am very disappointed. I have not been able to change any of my mode settting which is resulting in me getting 300- 400 emails a day with notifications - and there is nothing on the camara when I check.  Will I ever be able to adjust any of my modes ( I assumed this was a tempory glitch)?...I have been patienlty waiting a week and it's only getting worse. Now I cannot even log in on my computer. How long is this going to be down?

MeToe
Star
Star

@Andres202 likewise - other than the wifi software glitch. Even away my cameras are all functioning correctly, from what I can tell. I haven't lost my library either.

TTTRAN123
Initiate
Initiate
I had the same issue on WiFi only. For example, if I turn off WiFi, I was able to login using cellular.