Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

-The Arlo Team

provostd
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem. I have been on hold with technical support for 20 minutes now.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, mine says no internet connection.

Maryjh
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the tip about turning the wifi off..It helped on my phone!

MSn
Initiate
Initiate
Great suggestion on turning your phone's wifi of and using mobile data. Thus is this specific to Comcast's networks?
Kmander
Tutor
Tutor
Have been having problems with iPhone App since update to 2.5.1 last week. Notification swipe would open a login window. Closing that and opening the app manually would work. Now, getting internet issues message and app won’t login at all. Since about 9:30 PDT IN CA and arlo.netgear.com is down as well.
Mjb6
Guide
Guide

Can you confirm the system is still operating (armed) even though we cannot log in?  My system was armed but I can no longer log in either by app or computer.  The former says to try again later and the latter states the server is unavailable.  Also, can you please send an email to customers--it's more effective and reaches more involved than community posts.  This was of great concern two weeks ago when the arming tab disappeared and now anyone with their system armend ought to know if it's actually working so they'll know if additional security arrangements need to be made until a fix occurs (but they won't even know to check without an email if only announced in a blog/forum.  

Lulu_Pimp
Initiate
Initiate
I just purchased my Arlo Pro 2 was setting it up everything worked now we can view it only off the android app not the iPhone app which that’s the one we need to work. I want to know when the issue will be fixed because right now I’m not happy with my purchase I feel like taking it back to the store and getting a refund I’m so irritated that it’s not working correctly you pay all this money you would think it would work
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MSn wrote:
Great suggestion on turning your phone's wifi of and using mobile data. Thus is this specific to Comcast's networks?

This just worked for me too after hours of trying this. Library was also missing all videos. I went live and recorded a 2 second vid and all 7 days of videos came back. I also have comcast.

bc2116
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe it is still armed. When I go all cellular from my app (turn off WiFi) I can login and see my schedule still working and new motion videos are still saved.
ccsanzz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the info and please keep us Updated. Thanks for your hard work.
Lulu_Pimp
Initiate
Initiate
My WiFi is on my internet is working with everything else no issues
Thomaswgoodwin
Star
Star
This piece of junk.... is it that hard to make this work. The networking conglomerate known as Netgear cant seem to maintain a connection over a network. Now they are suffering date breaches. All from the company I trust to keep my baby and home network safe. Shame on you...... for the umpteenth time!
JESSEYEN
Tutor
Tutor

Turn off your Cell's WiFi and use your phone carrier's network. I tried it and it works.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Family,

Important update: Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

-The Arlo Team

holasang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey... it still not working!!!!!

myAlro .... I still cannot access.

charleyy12
Initiate
Initiate

milly54
Guide
Guide
Not resolved. I cannot log in at all from the app.
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
As of 11:15 pm California time this is not resolved. Get off your butts and fix it. I pay for this service now and this is not making me liking this.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
it worked i able to log in see the library
Amsaabril
Initiate
Initiate

We are still getting the “Sorry....” message when we try to login.

Medic311
Initiate
Initiate

I can confirm that I was able to log in and the site was working, but now it's down again. While it was briefly working, I noticed it produced a glitch in Mode Status in the App (in the App only). The website correctly reflects the Mode Status as Schedule-Armed. However the App is saying Schedule-Disarmed. I tried logging out/in, tried manually changing modes back and forth, but to no avail. This server issue messed this up. I hope it resolves itself by tomorrow. 

Looks like it went down again and is still down. 

Thomaswgoodwin
Star
Star
I can log off WiFi since I’m using this piece of junk Amazon Fire they tried to bribe us with
Ilisa
Tutor
Tutor

NOT RESOLVED.

charleyy12
Initiate
Initiate

This Arlo system is a piece of crap!  It has gotten worse as the days go by, now this!  I can't even log in now because they are unavailable!  Then I chat with someone in Support and tell them about the "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later." message, and then he asked me if I could send him a photo of the message!  What the F#?*!!!  Why the hell do you need a photo?  Then at the end, they say, "They will contact me by email when they resolve the issue".  OMG!!!  Not only does Arlo suck but now so do you, Support!