Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

record all motions but only send alerts for certain types?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
buckshots
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to have the cameras record every type of motion (vehicle, animals, human, and everything else), but only send alerts for certain types of motions? 

For instance, if I wanted alerts for every type of motion except for vehicles. However, I would still like to have the vehicle detection recorded.  Just no alert sent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@buckshots wrote:

Is there a way to have the cameras record every type of motion (vehicle, animals, human, and everything else), but only send alerts for certain types of motions? 

For instance, if I wanted alerts for every type of motion except for vehicles. However, I would still like to have the vehicle detection recorded.  Just no alert sent.

That's exactly what the smart notifications do.  Everyting is recorded, turning off one of the notification types just disables that notification.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@buckshots wrote:

That's exactly what the smart notifications do.  Everyting is recorded, turning off one of the notification types just disables that notification.

buckshots
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh shoot, haha!  I thought that was for both recording AND notifications.  Thank you, it works very well!

Kibretyigletu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good job you do I like it good
Thank you I was happy for this work
-RJB
Aspirant
Aspirant
In theory your response sounds like that’s exactly how it should work. However, if I disable a specific smart notification it stops recording that type of motion all together! Anybody know why this might be happening? I am getting notified for every car going up the street, but the minute I turn off smart notifications I get no recordings all day. Very frustrating.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@-RJB wrote:
if I disable a specific smart notification it stops recording that type of motion all together! Anybody know why this might be happening? I am getting notified for every car going up the street, but the minute I turn off smart notifications I get no recordings all day. 

When you access the library are there filters enabled there?  If there are, try resetting/clearing them.

Also, just to be clear - you are only turning the notifications on/off on this screen?  Not making any other changes (mode selection, etc):

smart2.png

LornaY02
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo Pro is only recording live activity. It does not record any history. What is the problem. It does not store any history either. What do I need to do?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LornaY02 wrote:
My Arlo Pro is only recording live activity. It does not record any history. What is the problem. It does not store any history either. What do I need to do?

Is this a Pro?  Or is this a Pro 3 or Pro 4 camera?

-RJB
Aspirant
Aspirant
@StephenB that is correct. No filters on and not changing modes. Only the motion alerts. I chatted with support and they want me factory reset one camera to test it. I am not optimistic that it will work at this point. They tried trouble shooting by having me unplug the hub and then removing batteries from the cameras but that didn’t work. It feels like they don’t have an answer so are kind of giving me a run around.
Roadking94
Aspirant
Aspirant
Phunguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
Maverickbobcat
Tutor
Tutor
Please keep me updated as I have this issue too and it’s irritating.