Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ash130
Tutor
Tutor

i just paid for premier and have got none of the new smart features!

even logged into the web based one if i click smart tab it just takes to the page to buy it again!

im on the edge of buyiing something else! it needs to work

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ash130,

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's not advertised as such.
Patrick_Bell
Tutor
Tutor

Its now noted on one arlo page that it only works in the USA, but doesnt mention the USA only limit going through the upgrade subscritpion page.  Very frustrating for an Australian subscriber.  

AND the live chat support function doesnt work.  you cant use the "button" feature as it ALWAYS comes up with an error.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Patrick_Bell I have asked our product team to include that note on the subscription page, they are working on it. We also removed the option for existing users so that it doesn't show as an option if it is not available in your country several days after launch. Does smart show up for you on the subscription upgrade page still today? If so, if you don't mind, can you provide a screenshot so I can forward this along to engineering to look into? Thank you in advance!

Patrick_Bell
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks you.  Whilst this page still does not provide advice that the 24/7 CVR service cant be used outside of the USA https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx  clicking through on the subscribe GUI botton now brings up a warning that "you are not allowed to make this request" (it would be hlpful to include it that message that "this type of subscription is not available oiutside of the USA" else you will get more frustrated arlo owners scratching their head unaware of what the problem is (and whether they did somehting wrong)).

My "subscription" on the device settings page still shows Basic + CVR, but the click through to to the arlo cmart page from the buy-ons and accesories now clearly shows that the service is only available in the USA. 

I'd value suggestions on the simplest way I can get my (always plugges in) arlo 2 camera back to my previous settings where I can record the full 2 minutes at a highly sensitive motion and sound trigger.  I need to collect evidence of a problem behaviour for a court case and MUST get the critical recordings, with minimum frustration on lags, non-records of problem behaviours, early recording stops, etc.