Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone notifications are not sending sometimes

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Orange23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear iPhone users,

As a current iPhone user I need to post this in the event you have this problem. Arlo smart will sporadically stop sending me notifications after not changing any notifications. Arlo smart will detect everything as “motion” randomly and no longer send notifications. Arlo support do what they can but a level 2 was supposed to email me and never did. Long story short the fact of the matter is our video footage is being sent into a detection system from arlo and the issue is theirs. When I can truly say I haven’t changed anything and this is the second time this app just fixes itself it lets me know I’m not the one doing anything wrong.

Anyway, I live in a high crime area. I recently had my motorcycle stolen while I was at home so notifications are crucial for me at all hours.

My settings: HomeKit is active. Email arlo smart notifications are active. And arlo smart notifications are active.

Here is why:
HomeKit will send me “motion” notifications when arlo smart will mysteriously fail and stop sending notifications.

When arlo smart is working on notifications I will get triple the notifications but AT LEAST I am covered because I never know when arlo smart will stop sending me push notifications via through the app Directly on my phone.

Anyway, if you are in a area where the video is crucial I highly recommend HomeKit. It may not give you “person” detected but at the very least I can count on it more than arlo... the only downfall is HomeKit doesn’t work away from home that why I signed up for arlo smart emails which I haven’t had turned on until recently so I don’t know if emails are just as bad as getting when arlo smart decides to not work.... will update on that but hoping arlo smart app will keep it together cause this footage and notifications and or lack there of can make me miss something and potentially get something stolen... these notifications are crucial arlo... please figure this out and stop disappointing iPhone users by saying it’s a iOS issue... when really it’s a arlo smart issue

2 REPLIES 2
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not just i-phone, this started with the latest android update.  Sometimes I can dance in front of the camera and it won't trigger then after a bit it just starts working again.  It also the last couple days started having periods where it calls everything motion, people, cars, etc so no notification, then after a bit it stars working again.  Nothing changed here and they all have a strong signal.

Orange23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah man it’s weird... clearly this is a arlo smart software issue.. mine is working fine again *fingers crossed* no updates have happened so it’s very clear where the issue lies... I’d look into the similar version on android for HomeKit if when notifications fail again... of course only work when connected to WiFi ...