Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS app 3.2 no longer giving smart notifications on iPhone 12 Pro or Apple Watch

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

Within the past several days, my wife and I both stopped receiving smart notifications on iPhones, iPads or Apple Watches. Running latest iOS version 14.4.2 watch OS 7.3.3. Both the doorbell and wireless Pro 3 camera stopped. I made no changes to the app when it stopped. Checked all settings and they seem to be fine, even turned notifications on and off and rebooted the base station. Any help or others with this same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whatever the issue was, it was resolved after someone rang our doorbell twice in a row quickly. Now suddenly we are both getting notifications again on all devices with no changes to settings or software updates. Must have been a strange glitch in the matrix.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RK249 wrote:

Within the past several days, my wife and I both stopped receiving smart notifications on iPhones, iPads or Apple Watches. 

Are you still getting motion recordings?

RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still get the recordings just no longer get notified when someone hits the activity zone like delivery people.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you re-install the Arlo mobile app & update to iOS 14.5 and test the notifications again.

RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did update to 14.5 yesterday and the new watch OS along with reinstalling the app and it still does not work. It's odd that all my devices and my wives devices stopped at once. Can it be a basestation issue, can firmware be reapplied manually?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RK249 wrote:

Can it be a basestation issue, can firmware be reapplied manually?

Does the web ui still work correctly?

RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it does work correctly. But a strange thing happened suddenly. A solicitor came to our door and rang the doorbell twice in a row quickly yesterday evening. After that happened we both started getting notifications again. I want to give it a couple of days to make sure it stays working but it makes no sense since no settings have been changed at any time. 

RK249
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whatever the issue was, it was resolved after someone rang our doorbell twice in a row quickly. Now suddenly we are both getting notifications again on all devices with no changes to settings or software updates. Must have been a strange glitch in the matrix.