Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I feel so safe with Arlo smart NOT.  3:30 this afternoon I get a notification for a vehicle on my main drive.  Well I'm out here working on the drive and am sure there is no vehicle, even I am 400 feet away and on the back side of the cam.  Wait there's more, my hub has been unplugged for 5 hours now so how would it record.  Check the time stamp and it's for 10 this morning when my daughter came over.  Now then if she had been a thief how far away would they be by 3:30 this afternoon.  Almost $2500 for this and now paying monthly for it to.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LandJS

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with false notifications being sent. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

It wasn't a false notification, it was just 6 hours late.  Now today I get notifications for motion on cams that have motion toggled off. They are not false either, just not suppose to be sent.  That's after two weeks of not getting them for the two that have it toggled on.  Let's also remember how a cam that triggered and had me standing 10 feet in front of the cam produced a video in the library in which I was nowhere to be found other than in the snapshot for the video.  Calling support and running through a scripted list of reset the hub, remove and then add the cam, delete the app and re install is not going to fix smart notifications.