Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why does Elite only support 4k camera systems? Any 4K floodlight or wireless doorbells?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DjTeaze
Guide
Guide

So why does the Elite only support 4K Camera Systems?
Wanted to upgrade my current home cameras from Pro4 to Ultra but if I upgrade subscription as well it will make Pro3 Floodlights and Wireless Video Doorbell currently owned as well useless which . Is there 4K Floodlights and Wireless Doorbells in the works ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

You only need Premier for a 2k or less camera. You can get Elite 4K on the Ultra but on 2K cams it will just be 2K. So the other cams will still work at there resolution. Depending on how many Ulta cams you get you can consider individual Elite plan for them if only one or two and keep your others on Premier I assume you have now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You only need Premier for a 2k or less camera. You can get Elite 4K on the Ultra but on 2K cams it will just be 2K. So the other cams will still work at there resolution. Depending on how many Ulta cams you get you can consider individual Elite plan for them if only one or two and keep your others on Premier I assume you have now. 

DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Thank You so much. That’s what I needs to know. I will be replacing the 3 Pro4 Cameras with a 3 Ultra Bundle and keeping current 2 Pro3 Floodlights with wireless Doorbell. It just doesn’t mention anything on Arlo website about any other cameras but Ultra when you click on elite Subscription “ works with tab “
Thank you