Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

So far I am liking the idea of smart zones, but I have some issues that has me wondering if I will keep it after the trail.  

First is it deteceting a person is not great.  I would say only about 30% of a time when the camera spots a person does it show it was a person that triggered the movment.  

The biggest issue is why can you only setup zones at a 90deg angle?  I am on a corner lot so the front of my house the lawn is on a 45deg angle on both sides.  So not to pickup cars on the street I have to setup the zones very weird per my screen shot below.  If I had unlimited zone I could setup or a way to adjust the angle of the zone it would be perfect for me.  

Screenshot_2018-06-30-11-54-45.png

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your idea and/or request would be better posted here ;  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

More people that want what you do , the more likely it will happen

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Those zones do not work anyways. My one camera I have zones set up for still records anything in it's sight.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ralfyguy1,

Can you provide a screenshot example of your activity zones? This may help us better understand why you're experiencing an issue.

JamesC