Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ravenbrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m getting ready to purchase two cameras and a doorbell. The bundle of the Ultra 2 cameras and the wired doorbell looks good. My question is can they both be on the same Smart plan? The elite plan says only the Ultra 2 is a device that can use it. Would the doorbell go on that plan as well or do you need to get the other plan for that? It would be nice if Arlo made a bundle of the 2 Pro 3 cameras and a doorbell without having to buy a third camera and a flood light. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ravenbrook wrote:
I'm not totally understanding. Can you put each camera on its own plan when they are hooked up to the same hub? And with the doorbell how would this be cheaper than just paying for the 4K multiple camera plan?

You can manage multiple subscriptions even if the cameras are on the same base.

The 4K elite 5-pack costs $14.99/month in the US.  Single camera pricing is $4.99 for 4K/elite and $2.99 for 2K/premier.  Since the doorbell isn't 4K, the premier plan is sufficient.

Two 4K plus one 2K subscription would then be $12.97 per month.  Though if you are ok with 2K resolution, you could just go with the 5-Pack premier and spend $9.99.

Pricing varies by country, so you'd need to look at the pricing for your country.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ravenbrook wrote:

I’m getting ready to purchase two cameras and a doorbell. The bundle of the Ultra 2 cameras and the wired doorbell looks good. My question is can they both be on the same Smart plan?

Yes.  Though the doorbell doesn't need the 4K recording feature, you can include it on the same multi-camera plan.  

It could be cheaper to use the single-camera plans though.

Ravenbrook
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not totally understanding. Can you put each camera on its own plan when they are hooked up to the same hub? And with the doorbell how would this be cheaper than just paying for the 4K multiple camera plan?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ravenbrook wrote:

You can manage multiple subscriptions even if the cameras are on the same base.

The 4K elite 5-pack costs $14.99/month in the US.  Single camera pricing is $4.99 for 4K/elite and $2.99 for 2K/premier.  Since the doorbell isn't 4K, the premier plan is sufficient.

Two 4K plus one 2K subscription would then be $12.97 per month.  Though if you are ok with 2K resolution, you could just go with the 5-Pack premier and spend $9.99.

Pricing varies by country, so you'd need to look at the pricing for your country.