Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Want more than 20 cameras with Smart?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Understanding that Arlo tweaks the plans (i.e. removed the Annual plans), and has lots of add-on options (CVR, Smart, 4k, etc.) I got it.

However, if you want more than 20 cameras with Smart (object, animal, people, package detection), you are pretty well out of luck. Why would one want more than 20 cameras? If they have two properties. Why would one want Smart features (object, animal, people, package detection)? Well, why have a camera at all?

So the largest home plan (20 cameras which includes Smart) is $15/mo. Any more cameras and you'd need to move to Business Plans, which are double in price. Okay fine, I get it, however Business Plans DO NOT INCLUDE SMART. That's right. You must pay $3/mo/camera. So, instead of $15/mo, you area effectively paying about $125/mo by the time you add-on Smart alacarte. 

The bottom line: Going from 20 to 25 cameras results in a 833% increase in cost!

I called Arlo and the woman said, just sign up with two different emails (two separate accounts). Yeah, so that would mean I'd need to login/logout to check alerts at each location or carry around two different phones. Geeze, where was the common sense in creating these plans 😞

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mhnatt wrote:

I called Arlo and the woman said, just sign up with two different emails (two separate accounts). Yeah, so that would mean I'd need to login/logout to check alerts at each location or carry around two different phones.

No.  You grant access to the cameras in Account A to Account B, and vice versa.  Then you will get all the alerts from either account (and will also have access to the all the videos from either account)