Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update on Arlo Pro 3 Dilemma recording everything.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, I am now on my third Pro 3 in 2 weeks. My problem was the Pro 3 was recording everything in sight no matter what the settings were. Don’t know if Arlo sent out any updates but here is what is happening now. When powered during the day it works as advertised mostly. At times it still records a shadow on the driveway but for the most part it’s working. Now for nighttime. It records everything in sight. When a car goes by the headlights trigger the alarm. Sometimes just a sound triggers it. But when I unplug the unit and use it on battery power it works as it is supposed to. What I had to do is get a smart plug and set it so at dusk it turns off the power and at sunrise it turns the power back on. Sure not the way it is supposed to work but for now it’s ok. I still have 28 days left to return it to Amazon if needed. Hopefully all the ( smart ) techs at Arlo will figure this out. If not it will be returned and I’ll go back to my Pro 2 cameras which work great. So James, what do you think?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcamp,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

So you want an answer. Arlo support is the worst I have ever seen in my life. After many many phone calls to support, who by the way don’t have a clue what is going on there is still no answer. My case has been escalated (joke) but still no answer and no one has gotten back to me. I was in contact with James and sent him videos that were recorded. I was told he would escalate and send the videos to support. (Another joke). So far I have not heard back from anyone from Arlo. They (support) ask me for my e mail and phone number every time I speak to them over and over again. No answers for me but they get my phone number. All I hear on the other end is someone typing on a computer looking for an answer, another joke. Then I get an e mail asking me if I was satisfied with the support. I have a total of 5 case numbers from Arlo with not one return call. So my remedy was to return the Pro 3 to Amazon, second one by the way. Amazing that my 5 Pro 3 cameras work perfect with no problems at all.

I have not heard one good comment about Arlo’s support. They are the worst. 

FirstCup
Star
Star

Have you ever received any help with your problem with the exception of a good return policy. I too have pro 2 cameras and am looking to upgrade to the pro 3. I have a package scheduled to arrive in a day or so but am thinking they should be returned in an unopened package.

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

Yes.  This stopped working in the middle of April.  No fix yet.  We have basically been downgraded to "free" tier features but are paying for advanced.  The picture in the app and the AI cloud based activity zones are also not working. 

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

No help yet.  The company has gone downhill.  I am trying to figure out a replacement.  Thank goodness I bought my system from Costco.  Will be returning it.