Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to activate Smart free 3-month trial subscription. Bought product from Amazon.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
canakaltun
Aspirant
Aspirant

i bought it from amazon and later i installed it but i am not able to start the trial period.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@canakaltun wrote:
i bought it from amazon and later i installed it but i am not able to start the trial period.

Are you in a country where Arlo offers subscriptions?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Smart-available

Normally the trial starts automatically.

canakaltun
Aspirant
Aspirant

No living in Turkey

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@canakaltun wrote:

No living in Turkey

That's why.  

You could set up a VPN to the US or some other country that offers a subscription.  Some folks here have done that.

canakaltun
Aspirant
Aspirant

are there any guides to do that 
also i am curious about why they stop providing 7 day cloud roll on a new model?
and is there a ongoing plan to include Turkey for subscription?

btw Amazon agrees to refund by deducting 20% for it. should i accept the offer and buy different brand

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@canakaltun wrote:

are there any guides to do that 

None here that I know of.  It depends on your router (and not all support it),

@canakaltun wrote:

also i am curious about why they stop providing 7 day cloud roll on a new model?

They haven't said, but I imagine that as their installed base has grown the costs for storage have increased.  Depending on future sales to cover ongoing costs for current customers isn't the best business model.

@canakaltun wrote:

and is there a ongoing plan to include Turkey for subscription?

btw Amazon agrees to refund by deducting 20% for it. should i accept the offer and buy different brand

No idea on future plans, and personally I think your best options are to

• exchange for a Pro2 (which still does have the free cloud storage)
  • get a different brand (though make sure the one you get doesn't have the same problem)

On the last point, Ring also doesn't offer free cloud storage, and doesn't offer subscriptions in Turkey.