Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
lnamiotka
Tutor
Tutor

When will I be able to update my credit card information on website? I am unable to use all of the functions of my Arlo cameras. This is going on over a month now. Very frustrated.

27 REPLIES 27
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @lnamiotka

Thank you for providing this info. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the error message you receive when trying to change your credit card information? 

lnamiotka
Tutor
Tutor

There is no error that shows on screen. I enter the new card information, click save but it reverts back to the original card information when the system was purchased. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see, Thank you for letting me know, the Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.​​​​​​​

Norrodj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue for more than a month also (started in January), I've had 3 tickets opened and escalated and I never get any calls/updates from Arlo. Really horrible customer service. 

bgoetz
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having the same issue for a couple weeks now. No access to the smart features, several tickets and escalations. It has been radio silence in the tickets, I've only been able to get someone via chat who was not able to help and in one case I waited for 2 hours and spoke to someone on the phone

Apparently, per a customer support supervisor, this failure on payment processing is an issue for more than half of people trying to subscribe and has been know by Arlo for several weeks at least. There is no workaround for customers to get access to smart features other than waiting for them to respond - no extension of trial, no coupons, no returns if you've had the camera longer than 30 days

Right now I wish I had not purchased Arlo for security since the subscription is required to use their features and Arlo does not actually support the service we're forced into.

I have 6 Arlo cameras and the most useful camera in my house is a Furbo dog nanny cam

Wondering when I'll need to call it a day and toss these on ebay so I can get some other system

lnamiotka
Tutor
Tutor

This issue has been going on more than a few weeks. I had a ticket created in mid January and have been getting the run around since. They did escalate my issue and informed me that they would notify me when an answer is available. They claim this is a global issue. Very frustrated that none of the camera smart features work without the subscription that I am unable to purchase due to ARLO's issue!

mdclw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue where my account is thought to reside in a country I do not live it.  It will not process my subscription purchase and three support contacts have been no help.  My cameras sit idle or blow through batteries.   Very frustrating.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue with updating your CC info?

lnamiotka
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried to update credit card information and the system still would not take the new card information. It once again reverted back to the old card number. Still unable to purchase a subscription.

mdclw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne, yes I am.  I am wondering if my account can be deleted so I can recreate one that works?

Setinhi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me, too. This is unacceptable.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everyone,

There was an update that should help with resolving this issue. Please attempt to update your info & let me know if you run into any issues.

Thank You

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Arlo doesn't want to fix this issue for people with "old" subscription to for example "Arlo Smart Premier" because they want to cancel these subscriptions so you have to move over to more expensive subscription valid for less camera. This is really bad behaviour. They created an issue so you have to move over because your "old" subscription is cancelled because you can't pay. I have tried with three credit cards which are all valid, but payment is not done. Support is not able to solve and they even say I am sorry this is policy they want you to move over?!?!?!?!? 

On the website it says

"If you wish to change your Arlo Smart plan, you can select one of our new plans. You can still keep your current plan, but it doesn’t support 2K or 4K cloud recording."

So according to law they are obliged to support, but they don't.

IT IS REDICILOUS.

Trying to get this solved in the past 4 weeks, but not able to do so. Yesterday I got an email my subscription will be cancelled in two day if I don't make payment. I want to pay, but Arlo is making sure I can't.

THIS IS NOT ACCORDING TO OUR LAW ATLEAST IN NL.

So customers be aware Arlo is a really bad company considering customer service! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @oajungen1

Were you able to update your CC info? I can see your expiration date is in 03/22.

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Thank you for your response.

No this is not correct. I just have changed it on Sunday to a CC with expiration date of 03/25.

So the information you are looking to is old. I have tried three active CC, but non of them are working for Arlo.

Or do you mean the subscription is valid till 03/22?

This is rather strange because I didn't made payment with any of me CC's and I am still getting emails my subscription will be cancelled (tomorrow?) because I haven't paid. On 25th of March I did get an invoice for payment, so I thought everything was oké. But after a short while I got an other email my subscription will be cancelled and when I checked I found no debit on CC. So why I got the invoice... I have no clue. What I do know is there is something very wrong with your payment systems!

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the message below from Arlo support. This is really not acceptable! Arlo can't / isn't allowed (by law) to cancel subscriptions if by reasons Arlo created themselves payment is not possible at this moment. All cancellations should be postponed till payment is possible again and cancellations already done during this period should be corrected.

Please act upon this in the right way! If my subscription is cancelled I will check with me lawyer about legal possibilities.

Quote from support ticket:

We would like to inform you that at the moment this is a global issue and unfortunately we cannot solve it in any way. This issue is related to 3DS and only when support for 3DS will be available, which is scheduled for 04/24/2021, then this issue will be resolved. The only thing we can offer you is a compensation in a form as a credit for your subscription.

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My subscription has been cancelled, just got the email

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

FIX IT

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. Just to clarify, are you having an issue with Paying for your Legacy Arlo smart Premier plan or updating your credit card info?

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you read my posts? All your questions are already answered.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@oajungen1 wrote:

Did you read my posts? All your questions are already answered.

If you want help just clarify for ShayneS as you have numerous post along with others. He just asked to clarify. 

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I made that already clear in the posts above, but especially for the people who can't use search.... because that's the answer I get if I ask questions which are already made clear in previous posts.

Arlo is creating payment issues for users with older subscriptions deliberately to make sure they need to move over to new more expensive subscriptions with less supported camera's. Till yesterday, cancelled by Arlo, I have been using "Arlo Smart Premier". Which I want to keep on using. I have been trying to pay my subscriptions with different credit cards (which are all active) for the past 4 weeks, but Arlo wasn't able (didn't want to) use them for payment because they have an issue:

Quote from support ticket:

We would like to inform you that at the moment this is a global issue and unfortunately we cannot solve it in any way. This issue is related to 3DS and only when support for 3DS will be available, which is scheduled for 04/24/2021, then this issue will be resolved. The only thing we can offer you is a compensation in a form as a credit for your subscription.

If Arlo is having issues with payment systems, they should stop with cancelling (old) subscriptions! They don't to make sure people need to move over to new more expensive subscriptions, which I already mentioned.

So they cancelled my subscription yesterday because I don't pay.... NO ARLO IS MAKING SURE I CAN'T PAY.

This is really bad customer service and I think it is even against law, but this is at my lawyer at this moment to look into,

So Arlo, stop with cancelling subscriptions if people can't pay because of your issues and make sure all cancellations, including mine are corrected ASAP. And to answer the questions asked. Yes I am having issues with payment of a legacy subscription, but this issue is created by Arlo and not me..... So Arlo do not have the right to cancel my subscription!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oajungen1 wrote:

I think I made that already clear in the posts above, but especially for the people who can't use search.... because that's the answer I get if I ask questions which are already made clear in previous posts.

Not sure who is telling you that, but I don't think it's the mods. 

While I get that it is frustrating to be asked questions you've already answered, keep in mind that the mods are tracking the entire forum, and not just your issues.  Delving through everyone's posting history to extract the relevant information is both time consuming and error prone.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @oajungen1

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42438012

oajungen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!