Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Plan 50% off first year . when I try to use the promocode ARLOSMARTUSPRO says can not use

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jhh1
Tutor
Tutor

Enter Promo Code
Apply

You cannot use this code to this plan. Please try a different code.

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jhh1

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

jhh1
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne,

The offer expires tomorrow and I can not reach chat line. I spent 3 hours with them a couple of days ago and we set up the base unit, set up the camera (which we needed before could subscribe to a plan) Tried to order the plan with  the promo code as stated earlier and no luck. It seems apparent to me that I need a working code from ARLO to get my advertised discount. I also see no option for a telephone conversation as there is NO number to call. I should think you folks would know your current advertised offers. Arlo sent me two Emails soliciting me to sign up for the 1-5 camera plan for $4.99 per month for the first year. Please help me on this 

acarync
Aspirant
Aspirant

wondering if you ever got your answer?

jhh1
Tutor
Tutor

NO.

Arlo sent an email the day after the promo expired and asked me to try it again. This time everything went in as it should until the end and then!!!! NOTHING. 

I guess they gave up on me as they never followed up after numerous e mails. This company has the worst customer service ever. I just purchased 3 WYZE camera's. You should check them out. 25%  the cost or less, better service  AND 14 day storage. Not sure how these idiots are in business but I guess becuz of idiots like me who purchased the overpriced product and thought it had a company to stand by it. And to think this was all over a SALE issue ( I wanted to purchase a plan) not a tech issue with the equipment. So far they work, but God help me if they do not as I am sure I will get as little or less help with a product issue than a sales issue.

raudio
Guide
Guide

I had a similar issue (see my other post).  I followed instructions for the discount but was charged full price and when I finally heard from them (which was an ordeal!) they did not honor the promotion.  It is rare to see Customer Service as bad as what I experienced with Arlo.  I liked the cameras and video doorbell (I have 4 total) but I'm so soured on them I'll be switching platforms.

iHacker
Initiate
Initiate

Bad business practice, after learn about the new “Smart Plans” ? No more anual payment option so sent them to hell and purchased 5 Nest IQ (3 outdoor and 2 indoor) cameras and so far is a solid and better product 24/7 recordings and way cheaper plan for what Arlo offers for $180, Nest plan with smart alerts only (Arlo style functionality) is $60 anual price and $120 annual if you want 10 days 24/7 recording for up to 5 cameras.

I used to like my Arlo Ultra system but now is gone forever and never again go to buy Arlo products.

Bye Arlo.