Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary

SO smart notification I can't change on cams it's blank

2 REPLIES 2
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019 (USA)

Arlo Smart detections not so smart.  

The Arlo Smart detections are not very smart at all in my case.  It thinks a vehicle is a person or an animal, and all visa-versa, rarely is it correct.  I have 10 cameras and it's very aggravating.  Arlo needs to create a way to continually let the camera notification know if it's correct or not and select which it is.   I have all of the detections selected, person, animal, vehicle and other motion. Other times it hears a bird chirping and records it as a person.  Which when you first get the alert, it's alarming when it says person and you know there shouldn't be anyone there I don't dare unselect any of them, since it doesn't even do well when they are all selected or unselected, there's no rhyme or reason to this madness.  Extremely frustrating.  It's especially frustrating when it missing a person coming right up to the camera and being active in front of it, and talking, and you can't depend on any of them to definitely pick it up on camera and record it.  Some of my cameras are plugged in to outlets (outdoors and indoors) and some are run on just the rechargeable battery.  ALL of my cameras are plugged in to power Arlo's weather proof cables for the outdoors onces now since all of the rechargeable batteries started dying and wouldn't hold a charge for 24 hours.  I felt it cheaper and hopefully more reliable (NOT AT ALL more reliable even plugged in directly to power),  to purchase AC power cables for them because they are less money compared to the $50 PER rechargeable battery. Such an aggravating time consuming system when the price you pay it should not have all these problems.  I have plenty more problems that keep recurring....just thought of something, the only thing that is reliable is that the system keeps getting worse.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For incorrect identification from Smart, it actually helps if you donate the videos so Arlo can work on the proper IDs. Mine is plugging along pretty reliably but I have donated a number of incorrect IDs over time.

As for the batteries, I suspect that they're not bad. While it's certainly possible that a bad batch could be out there, there are other resons for poor battery life, such as >5 minutes per day of recording and live viewing, poor signal strength and/or quality, blockage, interference, house construction, etc. Besides, if they're truly bad, open a case with support here and get them replaced. I don't understand why so many folks think they have to grin and bear it without using the warranty. You wouldn't do that with a car or TV.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx