Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notification "People Only" Question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Konakid
Guide
Guide

Trying to get a clear answer.

Are the settings for Smart Notifications (People, Animals, etc.) supposed to apply to the email alerts???

In other words, if I have only People checked off for Smart Notifications - why would I receive emails indicating an Animal has been detected?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Smart Notification settings apply to push notifications on your Android or iOS device only. Smart Notification settings do not affect email notifications.

You can find more information about Arlo Smart notifications here: https://kb.arlo.com/000056585/What-are-Arlo-s-advanced-motion-alerts-and-how-do-I-set-them-up

JamesC

Konakid
Guide
Guide

Thanks for reply - but that is too bad - because push notifications on the iOS App are worthless. At least with email I could create a VIP notification sound that would wake me in my sleep (even in Do Not Disturb Mode), and that I could differentiate from every other sound my phone makes during the day. 

But since email still alerts to all motion - animals, vehicles, wind, etc. What good is Smart Notifications?

So there is still no way to customize or choose an alert sound for the iOS push notifications that indicates an important or dangerous event has occurred.

And yes, I know we have been told it is being "looked into" for at least three years now.