Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

As of today everything the cameras record say it motion when its clearly not. Its vehicle or animal or person. I have those three selected to get notified. So I'm not getting notified if it thinks everything is motion. I tried to upload a file but it says wrong ext. It is mp4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I had this issue until I readjusted the camera so that the movement I was interested in was in the lower 2/3 of the screen. Setting this up correctly is far more important than setting up activity zones which I don’t even bother with now. To fix yours, on your mobile app, go to device settings / device utilities / camera positioning and then try to put cars and anything else you aren’t interested in, into the shadowed area. Fixed my issue. Might fix yours. Also found this link in my travels https://kb.arlo.com/000062211/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Ultra-camera-to-detect-motion-in-specific-ar...

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks I have seen that post before. This problem just started today and I have not changed anything. The camera's see it but calls it motion instead of a vehicle that it is.

Stephanie7048
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are doing the exact same thing. Started today. Everything is motion. No vehicles, animals, etc.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of reports that some Arlo Smart customers are not receiving rich notifications from their Arlo App. Users are still receiving motion notifications, and recorded clips are in available in the library, but these clips may not include details of AI-enabled detection for Animals, Packages, People or Vehicles. Our team is actively investigating these reports and will provide an update on this matter as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you!

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks JamesC 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information and updates, take a look here: https://status.arlo.com/

Thanks,

JamesC

JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide
Same problem here, started around mid-day.

I made the mistake of calling support. What a cluster! She started by telling me to re-install the app on all my devices...they must be paying these foreigners about 4 cents an hour. What a waste of time. Then she wanted me to re-boot the bases/re-sync the cameras. What the hell does any of this have to do with your AI not recognizing targets? And she refused to let me talk with anyone else! Get a couple of people that can ACTUALLY THINK!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.

JamesC