Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Elite Won't Let Me Add 17 Cameras ERROR "Your account does not support the additional cameras"

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cellsaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mix of Arlo wireless cams and the Arlo Smart Elite plan.  It says I can have up to 20 cams, and I have 17.  I can only activate 16 cams, even though 4 more activate slots are showing up, when I try to drag the 17th cam in I get an error saying "Your account does not support the addition of another device..."

What's the deal? 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cellsaver

If you reboot the base station, do you get the same error message? Can you try and sign out/in and try again. Also, Is this occurring on the web portal or the Arlo Mobile App?

cellsaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have rebooted all hubs, logged out and back in, but it still happens both on phone app and PC.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

fubar2224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same problem this week, contacted support, they could do nothing about it, only way to fix their broken system is for the customer to modify their account and then go back to Elite, then ARLO picks up the change and works, even though my ELITE Account said I had 20 cameras, 5 slots available. Its great how we(the customer) have to modify our accounts to fix their(ARLO) accounting system.

Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. 15 cameras connected and when I try to add a 16th the error message says that my plan doesn’t support that. What is the billing impact of going to another subscription and then choosing Arlo Smart Elite again?
fubar2224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your credit card will be credited back what you haven't used on your current plan and then billed for upgrading back to Elite. Again, you (the customer) have to do this because Arlo Support cannot.

cellsaver
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just did this (downgraded to 10 then upgraded to 20) and it worked perfectly.