Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I signed up for the premier 24/7 but have no idea where that video is going. lol. Help the clueless. Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MichelleWilson wrote:
I signed up for the premier 24/7 but have no idea where that video is going. lol. Help the clueless. Thanks

Start by connecting to my.arlo.com in your browser, and click on the "library" control.  Let us know if you see the videos there.

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is what I see.

I am truly feeling so stupid right now. Lol
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is that all you see when you first log in or are you checking your subscription?

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. When I sign in on my iPhone that is what I see. I signed in on my laptop and this is what I see.

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

p.s.:  no I am not trying to check my subscription on my iPhone.  I'm trying to find the videos.  Thanks! 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MichelleWilson wrote:

Hi. When I sign in on my iPhone that is what I see. I signed in on my laptop and this is what I see

You can either click on the "library" icon, or on the number shown for each camera.  Clicking on "library" will show you videos for all cameras.  Clicking on the number will show you the videos for just that one camera (and it will work even if the number shown is 0).

1.png

ab21au
Guide
Guide

Cameras: H6. Base Stn: VMB5000r4

I am like you, have no idea how the video uploads are done.

One of my cameras all of a sudden stopped notification and uploads until it reset the device by removing the battery for 2 minutes. 

Now, sometimes my uploads are 2K and sometimes they are 4K. It is random.

Interestingly, when I went into Manage Cameras on the website My Arlo, all cameras said 2K but when I moved them in and out of Manage Camera, now they all show 4K but uploads are now 2K but were 4K. Go figure ....  I’m lost ....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a subscription issue. What sub do you have?

ab21au
Guide
Guide
Smart premier for 6 cameras. This from the Subscription page.  I was Nader the impression that my sub gave 4K

“Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera”
“Premier - Single Camera (1)”

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you check the subscription page, you'll see that Premier gets you 2k videos while Elite gets 4k.

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Sorry been crazy busy. I have both Arlo smart and CVR. I want to know where the CVR goes. I am having a safety issue and NEED to be able to get this footage. God forbid he does anything
ab21au
Guide
Guide

Thanks, that’s probably it. I’ve got videos from one camera which are 4K (as shown in the bottom corner) but at that time maybe their site was down or a sever was down between me and Arlo. 

Even on the premier plan, I thought I could record locally in 4K but this what it says on the Arlo support page.

Note: Due to hardware limitations, Arlo Ultra cameras cannot stream to the cloud in 2K and simultaneously record locally in quality higher than 2K. However, Arlo Ultra can simultaneously stream to the cloud and locally in 4K.”

So that means I cannot record anywhere in 4K without the Elite even though they say you don’t need a plan to record locally in 4K. Am I better off ditching the plan, then I can record locally in 4K.  Just sayin .....

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is my landing page when I sign in.   I then go to the library and do not find a continuous recording. (CVR).  I deactivated the 3 cameras from the Arlo smart plan.    So shouldn’t I have a continuous feed?   He went after my 72 year old neighbor the other night.  She’s petrified and Arlo didn’t pick it up!  

I still only see small videos when it picks up noice/motion, etc.  I thought it was supposed to just record CONTINUOUSLY with CVR??  Where to do find that?

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

library page

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@MichelleWilson wrote:
Hi. Sorry been crazy busy. I have both Arlo smart and CVR. I want to know where the CVR goes. I am having a safety issue and NEED to be able to get this footage. God forbid he does anything

This is the clue we needed. CVR is stored on the servers and can only be viewed by clicking on the "clock" icon for the camera in the Devices tab or by clicking on the 3 dots and selecting "timeline", depending on what interface you happen to be using. You can only view so if you want a local copy, find the segment in your feed and use 3rd party screen capture software to record locally. You'll need to search for appropriate screen capture software since it will vary according to your device.

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant
So you cannot take a piece of the recording. Say save 3 minutes?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not directly - you would need to somehow record the recording, whether by screen capture software or using another device to take a video of the screen you're watching.

MichelleWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. There seem to be times where there is no recording. Wheni look At the timeline. Shouldn’t it be non stop?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it should. However, I, along with many others, also have this issue and have no idea why. It could be anything from the camera to the servers that causes this but I've never heard an explanation. My guess would be some sort of connection problem between the camera and servers but can't prove it.