Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Registered video doorbell to wrong account. Registered free subscription to my account by accident.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bumblebee66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I’ve just bought an Arlo Essential wireless video doorbell to add to our pro 3 cameras and hub,
the cameras and hub are registered to my husbands arlo account and I have admin access through my account. I mistakenly registered the new doorbell to my account, and now the free subscription trial is on my account not his, which means that the video recordings from the doorbell are not showing on our library.
I took advice to do a factory reset on the bell, remove from my account and re-register to my husbands but this hasn’t changed anything.
Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Too late now but you could have simply used Settings, Grant Access from your account to his so the doorbell showed on both, just as happens with the original system from his account to yours.

However, supposedly removing from your account and connecting to your husband's should have gotten you the trial subscription, I think (I haven't ever done this). Is there a trial sub for the doorbell on hubby's account? Did he share the new device in your settings under Grant Access?

Bumblebee66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I did as you suggested initially, and he could see the doorbell, but the trial subscription still showed on my account.
The problem is that the arlo Pro 3 and base station show on his account.
Both cameras are showing as connected to the base station, and we get recordings on the library from the cameras.

The doorbell on my account, has connected to our home network, as I assume that is because it is not recognising any live subscription to a base station, and as such we are not seeing any doorbell recordings in the library?

I don’t know the answer and looking for help.

The only other thing I can think of is to take the trial subscription off the doorbell, and then if we take out a permanent subscription on my husbands account it may pick up the doorbell - would that work?

Any help gratefully received, as we want both cameras and video doorbell recording to our library.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless doorbell cannot connect to a base or hub at the moment. Perhaps a later firmware update will allow this.

Any subscription is for the account that set the system up. An account that was granted access to the camera simply shows the camera and videos. The original cameras still show on both accounts in the library and the doorbell should also do this. If you're not getting videos from the doorbell at all that's a different issue. Basically, as long as any camera is providing videos, you should both be seeing them, both on the primary account as well as the one granted access.

Of course, you always have to option of removing the doorbell from your account so your husband can add it to his. If you do this he should also add the doorbell to your settings in Grant Access.

Bumblebee66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes the issue is that we are not seeing the doorbell videos on the library
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two questions - who's account is the doorbell currently connected to? Are the missing videos on both accounts or just one?

Whoever has the camera on their account should check the active mode - maybe it's Disarmed. ALso verify that there is in fact a subscription for the doorbell.

Adventuretime
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar issue. I initially registered my account in my business email but I should have used my personal email. Somehow I still got it fully registered and I'm getting Arlo emails to both email addresses but I can only log into it using my business email and deleting and reregestering the devices hasn't helped.it let's me register them to my regular email but I still have to log in using my business email to access the service.