Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
fenton11
Guide
Guide

Prior to today recordings of vehicles, people, and animals going would record to the cloud Regardless if you set it up in smart notifications to alert you. Today for some reason the only way to get videos uploaded to the cloud is to turn on smart notifications for people, animal, and vehicles. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have arlo pro 3 cameras.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like a change was made in the Smart setting, whether those toggles were previously set differently and got reset somehow and/or the camera was either activated or deactivated for Smart. You've solved the issue so all we can do is guess whether settings were somehow changed.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I took a look at the description of smart notifications and it says videos will still be recorded even if you turn off the smart notifications. For example if you don’t want vehicle notifications the system will still upload those recordings to the cloud. And was doing that till yesterday. Seems like the newest firmware update released on 9/10/20 messed it up.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea you should get all recordings, just not the notification for unselected ones for smart notifications. For activity zone it will disregard the recordings out of the zone but they are different functions. Today is working like that but I didn't notice it was not before. 

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

I am no longer getting recordings to the cloud for anything other than persons. I have Animal notifications set to off,  for example,  but I do still want those motions recorded -  I can open my "device" screen in the morning and clearly see the still shot of "front porch" showing a skunk drinking water from the cat bowl "2 hrs ago" (top right of still shot), but if I go to recordings there is nothing from the front porch at all.  I've checked every setting.  This is maddening really

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

But what if we don't want smart notifications in the middle of the night for animals? but we DO want those recordings?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Tastebuddy wrote:

But what if we don't want smart notifications in the middle of the night for animals? but we DO want those recordings?

You should get all the recordings even if they are marked off. Just not the notification. It was still working like that today here so not sure why you don't get them. You can try resetting the cams or reboot the hub/base if you haven't started any trouble shooting yet.  I even tried turning animals off to try and still received the recording of my dog labeled "Animal" like usual. 

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

It's not working.  I've tried rebooting the base, rebooting off and on cameras, removed batteries....  This is super frustrating and obviously ARLO not what I'm paying for.  I hope someone has some help !  Thanks 

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Same here I rebooted the base, removed the battery from the cameras so it would reset, un-paired my cameras to my monthly subscription then paired them back again, turned off/on the smart notifications and the cameras still do not upload any videos that I don’t have smart notifications on for.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I did create a case 4 days ago and no reply yet. Case 41929237.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.