Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pvr Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hello! I currently own a Ultra 4 camera kit with PVR on all 4 cameras. I was having issues recently, with my ultra base station not connecting properly to one camera. A few weeks ago it connected with no issue and assumed it was a range issue. The solution, from searching the forums, was purchase a second ultra base station and add the camera to it. I purchased the new base station and added the problem camera to it. All seemed good. Later, I noticed, my recordings were not in 4k on the old camera connected to the new base station. I have the PVR subscriptions for on all cameras previous to this. I reach out to Arlo support and to make a long story short, I am told to cancel the PVR and add it back. I do so, and I had to pay another $18 for something I already paid for. I do understand that $18 is not an exuberant amount of money, but it's the principle. According to the rep, it was the only way to get it to work. Something seems off about this. Why should I repay for something I already had? Again, the rep said, this is how it will work. Anybody else experience this issue? I don't feel as though I should have to pay again for something I already had. Any help would be appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ESentz
Guide
Guide
JamesC,
I am not sure if you looked into my issue, but it appears that the charge was removed from my account. If that was you, Thank you so much for all the help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Arlohelpme
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. One camera had pvr and had 2 of 3 bars. After the smart hub update, This works for a day and a half then drops to 1 bar stops recording. I have to reset the system just to get it working for another half day. I feel Arlo changed the algorithm so people with pvr move their cameras closer to get a better image transfer and quality for pvr. Please fix this.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
My camera did the same after the update as well. I believe it is something that needs to be addressed. My issues still persist and may be worse after adding a second base to extend range. After paying a second time for a subscription I already had, now I can barely get the camera on the new base to go to live view. It takes minutes to connect and when it does it does not show it in 4k when connected to my home network. All the other cameras on the older base station do show in 4k. I am at a lose. I have reset, readded, removed base stations and cameras. I am at the point that I will probably move the "troubled" camera closer so it gets a signal, return the base station and pay again to get pvr back to the camera. It seems as though I have a partially working system after spending more to fix it. Definitely not a happy customer after dropping this kind of money on a system.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Update to the situation. After paying the additional money yesterday evening, my camera, as of this morning is no longer recording events in 4k. When I view them, it is in the regular resolution as if I didn't have the PVR Subscription.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ESentz,

When cancelling PVR you should have received a refund for the unused portion of the PVR plan. I'd like to take a closer look at your support case to get a better understanding of the issue you're experiencing. Do you have a ticket number for your open support case?

JamesC

ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hi James. I appreciate the response. The case number is 41023155. I believe I have figured out the streaming in 4k issue while on the home network. It appears that it is a network issue not an arlo issue. At this point, I am going to disconnect the second base station and put the camera back to the original base. I do not see a refund pending just the charge. Even this morning, my camera no longer records in 4k it has reverted back. Anyway, I appreciate your help!
Arlohelpme
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Any recommendations for me? What could the problem be that the camera never moved and used to record in 4K and send notifications having 2/3 bars but now after the smart base station update, it works for a day or so and drops to 1/3 bars and the signal is so low that it’s stops recording etc. to get it working again, I have to remove everything and sync it all up again just to get it working for another day. Please suggest. Thanks.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Mine had the same issue, that is why I got the second base station. Was fine till a few weeks ago and the camera would not stay connected and the base and was always flashing orange. Hopefully an update can fix the range problem.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
JamesC,
I am not sure if you looked into my issue, but it appears that the charge was removed from my account. If that was you, Thank you so much for all the help.