Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Simon_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have a 3 Pro cameras connected to one base station, with a Smart subscription to all 3 cameras. A couple of weeks ago everything stopped working saying the base station was off line (not connected to the internet).  Tried various different thing to get it to reconnect and work - seemed to connect to the cameras, internet etc (as all the lights would go green when restarted etc) but not to the Arlo app or cloud etc.  Eventually after looking on the support website, used the reset button on the back of the base station and started again, adding all the camera etc.  

However, what it won't do is link the cameras to the subscription!  Subscription section just says now 0 of 3 cameras are participating and list no cameras in the area that you can choose them from.   Has anyone else had this problem, by reseting their system and therefore unlinking their account?  I had no problems before and was easy to add them when initially added the Smart subscription.  Been happy with the system, but now it seems I'm currently paying for something I'm not able to access! 

'Interesting', if you pay a subscription or within the first 90 days of buying your system, I think, you get access to online support.  However if you reset your system (because it falls over for whatever reason), you don't get support as your camera's are older than 90days, and it doesn't recognise your subscription either, so just when you need help, that you are supposed to receive, you have no access to it - something wrong with that! 

Any suggestions on this most welcome!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Support is available at any time - there's no actual 90 day limit.

Is your subscription a legacy one (i.e. from before this year)? Use of legacy plans has been problematic with the new plans put into place late last year. The only realistic way around it is to cancel your sub(s) and resubscribe to the new plan(s).

Simon_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the subscription for a year or two.  I'm guessing therefore this is a way of getting people to move to new (more expensive) subscriptions!! 

2MnyMaskophiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just had the same issue occur .  I had one subscription and purchased a new router.  I had to factory reset my hub because it wouldn't connect with my new router.  Now it says I have a subscription but no option to assign any camera to the subscription I already paid for.   Did you get this issue resolved?  

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi 2MnyMaskophines,

Please contact the Support Team so they can further investigate the issue you're having. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.